Today, I Am Embracing My Own Opinion

Today, I Am Embracing My Own Opinion

It would be easier to see the truth of humanity if we were all colorblind.

8
Today, I Am Embracing My Own Opinion
Blogspot

Every day, discrimination happens in the world whether it be deadly, or hateful. But what happens more in this world is crime. Whether it be based on color or not, it doesn’t stop it from happening. We are all humans, and are capable of making our own decisions. Why does social media have to pull race into it? Why do things always have to be turned around based on the color of our skin?

Whether my opinion be disliked or not, people are scaring each other away by all the discrimination on one another. It's causing people to be scared to walk alone on the streets, or into a grocery store. No matter where we turn, there are opinions but why does losing or hurting a life have to be involved? This relates to the gay marriage situation. People are going to have their opinions, but nobody should be pointing fingers towards a specific race, or simply blaming one because of a gender. But now it's turning against the ones who are supposed to protect us.

When it comes to Law Enforcement Officers, and etc; these men and women are trained to react in situations of self-defense if need be. These officers are allowed and have permission to act in a manner if they feel harmed or threatened by someone or something. With that being said, Alton Sterling didn't deserve to lose his life that night, but he was in some way harming the officers, causing them to protect themselves. But, the officers had no respect to handle Sterling the way they did either. There are always two sides to one story, so before pointing fingers look at the situation and not their color. To those in Dallas, that shooting was the worst part of news I have ever read. Eleven police officers shot and four gone. That means 15 more families damaged. Why can't we just end all of this? We live in a world full of violence and hate and I am so sick of it all. The bad thing about it is that you can't run, you can't hide. The only thing you can do is hope and pray that tomorrow it's not you.

There are thousands of other cases in the past and present that continue to be the fault of racism. It's everywhere, behind you and in front of you. It's outrageous and ridiculous. It's uncalled for and turning our world into a battlefield.

We have already fought for the freedom of discrimination, are we really going to repeat our history?

Citizens are being killed, robbed, and even harmed by the fact of being a different color. Nobody wants anyone to get hurt, so be that person to stand up and say it isn't right, and we all should matter.

There should be no damn thing as "black lives matter", or "white lives matter", instead all damn lives need to matter. We are all human, we all have feelings, and families too.

We shouldn't be afraid to put our shoes on everyday and walk out the door wondering if we are going to return back home that night. NO, that's not how it should be. We should be walking out the door knowing we have a life to live for our families, but today we wonder more about our families lives than what's going to be on the dinner menu tomorrow.

I am tired of being a student sitting at home thinking all these comments are OK. That "whites are always privileged", or that "it's always the black person's fault." It's nobody's fault, it's their own. We can all make our own decisions for ourselves not for anyone else. I don't even want to have my own family because of the way my kids may be looked at. Social media is out their, and it's not hiding, so I am not going to be that person to sit back and hide my opinion anymore. I am tired of hearing about all the shootings, and more police officers killed. It's like the world's targeting our officers because of the incidents that have occurred. It's not going to make anything better! It's only going to make things worse. Nobody understands this country anymore, nobody can even turn to the guy next to them and ask them for help. It's like "All lives matter" but in reality they really don't.

Instead of standing up for your race stand up for humanity, and being able to stand your feet on this ground that you call home.

It takes millions of lives to run the world, but it takes one voice to turn it around.