20 Ways To Show Gratitude This Thanksgiving (And Afterwards Too)

Being a good person doesn't have to just surround a holiday
19

Thanksgiving is the time of the year when everyone spends a little more time thinking about others, rather than themselves. It's the time of year when people go out of their way to be more giving, caring and kind, without seeking anything in return. Below are 20 ways to show gratitude this holiday season, however it's important to remember that these are things we should be practicing all year round. There is nothing more satisfying than spreading happiness wherever your feet take you.

1. Invite someone to do something you know they've always wanted to do

2. Let someone know you're always there for them whenever they need you

3. Do something little, but meaningful, for someone

4. Write hand written thank you notes, even if you're saying thank you for something small

5. Let someone know they're doing a great job with whatever they may be doing

6. Surprise someone with a coffee or a little treat

7. Smile at everyone you see - it'll spread like wildfire

8. Give someone a call just to check in, especially if you haven't talked in a while

9. Open, and hold, the door for someone whenever you get the chance

10. Let someone know exactly how much they mean to you, face to face

11. Leave uplifting and inspiring sticky notes where the most people will see them

12. Talk to a stranger, and let them know how grateful you are for your conversation

13. Volunteer for tasks you normally allow others to handle

14. Donate the things you don't need, someone, somewhere is in dire need

15. Visit the elderly/sick/sheltered animals - they need loads of love

16. Give out compliments as much as possible - and not just on appearance

17. Make yourself a lunch and give it to the first person you see who needs it

18. Try your best to mend a relationship in your life that needs a little lift

19. Allow yourself to find at least one positive things within each day

20. Take the time to realize how truly lucky you are in this life