What is dogfishing? Dogfishing is VERY similar to catfishing, but it's with dogs. Specifically, it's when a person uses a picture of them and a dog (that isn't even their dog, mind you) as a way to attract the attention of a person of interest.
I mean I love dogs but please... I'm trying to see if YOU are interesting, not the dog. Plus, if it isn't even yours, don't tease me like that! Instead, try the 6 tips below to increase your successful match rate on your dating profile.
1. Include a photo of you doing something adventurous or exploring.
2. Post a picture of your hobbies or other activities you love.
3. Mix in a pic of you with children or a baby because we love to see innate parenting instincts.
4. Delete the pics of you with five other guys or girls, we want to know which one is you.
5. Get rid of the pictures that only show half of your face, please.
6. Finally, I hope I already made this clear, but erase the picture of you with a random dog.
Hopefully, this will make it easier for those of y'all who are in the online dating scene. Swipe left on the dogfishers, and let's hope that the right partners come your way.
Follow Swoon on Instagram.