11 Steps To Encourage Yourself To Hit The Gym

11 Steps To Encourage Yourself to Hit the Gym

Get pumped to workout.

48
https://unsplash.com/photos/LOnMc8Rp1Qs
Alora Griffiths via Unsplash

Life is crazy, and finding the time to go to the gym on top of everything can be difficult. Excuses after excuses can cause us to decide to stay in and be a couch potato instead. The gym isn't as complicated as many may think. Once you start and have a consistent routine, you'll feel like a gym rat and end up loving the gym. Here are 11 steps to encourage yourself to hit the gym:

1. Change your perspective.

Having a busy life as an excuse for exercising will stop you from staying in shape. Look for inspiration to help you become more optimistic about what your fitness results could look like.

2. Develop and stick to your workout schedule.

Create an exercise program that is feasible and something you can actually commit to, even if it's just 30 minutes a day. Remember to take things one day at a time.

3. Go to a gym you like.

Feeling comfortable in your surroundings will help you become more confident in your abilities. The gym's location could affect how often you go as well.

4. Set realistic goals.

Don't be afraid to start small and build your stamina and endurance.

5. Go with a friend.

This helps make the gym seem more fun and less of a tedious task.

6. Challenge yourself

Don't stay comfortable for too long. If you're sore, your muscles are getting the workout they need. Just don't overdo it.

7. Invest in your body.

Take care of yourself and watch what you eat. Don't push yourself beyond your limits.

8. Take advantage of apps.

There are fitness apps that have so many workout routines on there; you can track your progress and set goals, and find inspiration.

9. Track your progress.

Looking back at where you started and seeing your body go under a full transformation is so gratifying.

10. Have fun and try new things.

You need change and variety to stay motivated. Switching up your workout routine also challenges your body in unique ways and helps engage various muscles.

11. Reward yourself.

Cheat days are worth it- once you put in the hard work, you can splurge a little and not feel as guilty.

"The purpose of training is to tighten up the slack, toughen the body, and polish the spirit." – Morihei Ueshiba