9 Ways To De-Stress Over Break

9 Ways to De-Stress Over Break

Here's some great ways to de-stress over the holiday break

11
9 Ways to De-Stress Over Break
Photo by Jez Timms on Unsplash

From the sounds of all the screaming at midnight this last week, it sounds like all students are overly stressed. Take it from me and my friends, Finals Week is another form of stress and sadness. But the end of the tunnel is finally here and Winter Break is commencing! Here are a few fun ideas the require no books (except maybe cooking books ;) )

1. Clear Out Your Closet

Chances are, there are so many clothes still left at home that you didn't bring to college with you. And chances are that those clothes were meant to stay at home. Do some good and donate those clothes! So many people are looking for winter gear now that the cold is here. Plus, you'll have more room for all your Christmas presents!

2. Rearrange Your Room

Some rooms just need to be arranged to have more space or a new style. I usually switch my furniture around this time of year. Get some new curtains or a new bedspread or try out some pallet furniture that you see everywhere on Pinterest!

3. Bake Some Christmas Cookies

If you're like me, then you are tired of the lack of kitchen space or no kitchen at all in college. I just want to make those easy Pillsbury Christmas cookies with the snowman on them! It's a tradition in my family to make rock candy for holidays every year and I cannot wait to get in my mom's kitchen and help this year

4. Watch Holiday Movies

The Classics? Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, Frosty the Snowman, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, The Christmas Story

Newbies? A Christmas Prince, The Princess Switch or any of the hundreds of Hallmark Christmas Movies.

Take your pick, snuggle with some hot cocoa and fuzzy blankets and just chill :)

5. See Christmas Lights

Every year, I tell myself that I'll see Wild Lights at the Detroit Zoo and every year, I don't. Lights are such an iconic part of the Christmas season. Getting some hot chocolate and driving around all night is the best way to get excited for the holidays.

6. Spend time with Family and Friends

This is the prime time to spend with the people that you missed while you were at school. No stress or due dates means that there is no excuse not to chill with your loved ones. Every year, my family has a Family Christmas where many people who I have not seen get together and it is just a great time.

7. Retail Therapy 

What does every broke college student love to do??? SHOP of course! This is the best time to do last minute Christmas shopping and to treat yourself after a long semester. Plus, most stores have a mid-December deal right before Christmas so why not shop right?

8. Spend time with your Boo

I, for one, know how hard long distance relationships can be and I am in need of a good date night and some cuddles. Plus, there are three weeks of break which means ample time to catch up and to enjoy each other. No boo? Your dog can replace any boy :)

9. Focus on You

New Year, New Me? Over this break, focus on all the good things that have happened over this semester and work on future goals for Spring. This is the perfect time to reflect and change any bad habits or try something new! Yoga, meditation, journaling, or a new hobby are perfect examples!!

Happy Holidays everyone and I hope you have a great break!