10 Nontraditional Ways To Calm Down From Mental Breakdown

10 Ways To Get Over A Week Full Of Breakdowns

Take a little break from things to calm down.

65

Sometimes you have those weeks, the ones that you have reached your breaking point and the amount of crying done can equal a full-time work week. After the week is over you want to de-stress and relax, unless you're like me with 28 assignments to do over the weekend. Here are ten things to help you relax:

NAPS

media.giphy.com

Napping does help you and it feels relaxing, but sometimes they don't work because they don't feel productive. However, they do feel refreshing.

Watch Trashy Reality TV Shows

media.giphy.com

Watching shows like 90-Day Fiance have a habit of making people realize that their life isn't so bad after all, because yes our lives are messy. At least we aren't Danielle and Mohammad

Turn off social media

media.giphy.com

All it is gonna do is give you more stress since you are not like your peers.

Volunteer at a local animal rescue

media.giphy.com

Because who does not want to be away from home and pet cute little fur-balls all day?

Drink herbal tea

media.giphy.com

Herbal tea is known for relaxing the muscles and the mind, which is the goal when it comes to relaxing. Perfect to drink when rainy and under the covers.

Listening to music

media.giphy.com

Pretty cliche, but find a relaxing playlist on Spotify and just play away into an abyss

If the breakdowns happen frequently go see a Therapist 

media.giphy.com

Granted I need to go to see one, but if you have too many mental breakdowns you need to see one ASAP before they get worse.

Take a walk

media.giphy.com

Walking will not only help you lose calories, but it allows you to relax and if its in nature be peaceful.

Cleaning

media.giphy.com

So cleaning for some people is relaxing because wiping things or the idea of cleanliness relaxes people. Yes, it is stress, but the reward is so satisfying.

Attempt Yoga

media.giphy.com

This is one way I relax and I do it on the weekly basis at my local gym. Not only is it relaxing, but it helps with flexibility.