Beating The Midsummer Blues
Health Wellness

Mid-Summer Blues Got You In A Slump? Here Are Some Simple Changes You Can Make To Refresh Your Life

Eight easy ways to beat the mid-summer blues and boredom.

112

It's totally normal to find yourself falling into a slump during summer vacation. More free time and less responsibility often lead to a rut. Before you let that happen, here are some simple things you can do to beat the blues.

Get a hair cut

New do, new you! From a trim to a chic bob, any change will have you feeling like a new confident you.

Pick up a hobby.

This could be an activity just for the summer or something you can stick to for the school year. Either way, a hobby will give you something to look forward to and take your mind off of any stress you may be experiencing.

Try something new.

Try that recipe you saw online or a class at the gym. Give it a shot and maybe you'll love it... or maybe not, but at least you'll know! I tried spin classes last summer and have been addicted ever since. Yoga, on the other hand... not so much.

Go outside!

Go on a hike, ride a bike, or just lay in the sun. Fresh air can work wonders on improving your mood and your health.

Wake up early.

Not everyone can be a morning person, but it's amazing what a little coffee and early morning sunlight can do. Start your day off strong and you're more likely to be productive throughout the day.

Spend more time with friends.

Don't take for granted the time you get with your friends from home over the summer. Vacation may seem long, but it will be gone before you know it, which means at least three months without seeing your friends again. So, get in all the laughs and late-night memories while you can!

Make plans.

From weekend getaways to coffee dates, you'll always have something to look forward to. Plus, it forces you to get out of the house and socialize.

Treat yo self!

Treat yourself to ice cream, manicures, and those shoes you've been eyeing for months. You deserve it before you go back to studying and stressing at school.