self care

10 Ways To Take Yourself Out On a Date

Who says a date has to be between two people?

396
10 Ways To Take Yourself Out On a Date

I once heard this saying, "You can't pour from an empty cup." I find that it is very important to have a great relationship with yourself in order to do the same with others. You can't give what you don't have. When's the last time you took yourself out on a date? Well don't worry about it, I've got you covered.

Here are some ideas on what to do to take yourself on a cute date!

Stay in and catch up on your favorite Netflix shows with a cup of hot chocolate.

Hot chocolate

School can be crazy at times, but it's good to take some time to relax. As you lay on your comfy bed, all covered with cozy blankets you open your laptop and sign in into Netflix. Don't forget to get that hot chocolate though because it truly is a game changer. You play your favorite episode of "The Office" and life is great for the moment being. The good thing about this date option is that it is low cost and you get to be in bed (if you want to, of course).

Go eat at your favorite food place.

Restaurant

Getting your favorite food can always be a good way to put yourself in a good mood. It's nice to get food by yourself at times because you have time to recharge yourself. Also, you get to pace how fast or slow you want to eat

Reading for the soul 

Books

Reading books is an amazing way to let your mind roam free. It's basically like watching tv or a movie, but even better in my opinion.

Create Spotify playlist with your favorite songs.

Music

It's always a good idea to make a great playlist with your favorite songs. I mean who doesn't love dancing around in their room at like 2 in the morning? Oh wait, that might just be me.

Go work out.

exercise

As Elle Woods from Legally Blondes once said, "Exercise gives you endorphins, endorphins make you happy." This quote is said to be true because I mean don't you feel much better after you do your cardio?

Do a face mask. 

Face mask

Face masks are so underrated. I recently just did my first face mask and let me tell you, it changed my life! I was so relaxed and after I washed it off, my face felt so smooth. It really was a good way to unwind and relax.

Make your favorite food.

Avocado Toast

You don't have to go all out on this one. It can be as simple as making cereal or even avocado toast! However, if you are a chef, go ahead and show off those culinary skills.

Journal 

Journal

It probably felt good to get all of those thoughts and emotions out of your head and down on paper, right? Journaling is a good way to reflect on the day and what is going on in your life.

Browse the bookstore and let your intuition guide you.

Books

I love going to different book stores because there is a great variety of books to choose. Be spontaneous and let your heart dictate what you want to read. You never know, you may find your next favorite book.

Make a Target run.

Target

I know this is very specific, but hear me out. Target is a hidden jewel for many of us. Once you walk into the store, you immediately see the $5 or less section and you may or may not get a lot of cute accessories. If I'm being honest, I do it every time I go.

These are just some cute ideas on how to treat yourself. I hope you enjoy your time to yourself because you definitely deserve it. Keep on being great!