5 Easy Ways To Deal With Stress As A College Student

Being in college is stressful, but there are ways to make it easier.

9
Lauren Davidson

Students have to deal with stress on the daily, just like anyone else. It seems like no one can ever get a break from it. Anything from work, to family, to school, to your whole life. Some stress is normal for people to have. It can get bad for you if the levels never go down or aren't under control. It is not good for you or your body and can have severe consequences in the long run. Now that midterms are coming up, stress levels are only rising. Here are a few tips on how to keep your stress levels under control.

1. Learn some relaxing techniques

If you are stressed out, not much will get done. If you want to give 100 percent, learn to lower your stress levels so you can concentrate better. Go to yoga classes, the gym or even for a short walk - it doesn't have to be anything excessive.

2. Get enough sleep

Pulling all-nighters is not a good idea. You will be skipping classes to get sleep and even if you don't skip classes you will not pay any attention to the teacher - you will be too busy trying to not fall asleep. If you have a lot to do either stay up later or wake up earlier than typically to finish it all up.

3. Time management

Try to plan out your day and make time for the homework that needs to be done. It is easy to slack off but if you wrote it down on your planner you will be more likely to follow it. If you spend your time well, you won't have as much stress later on and no loss of sleep.

4. If you are ill, rest

If you are not feeling good, don't force yourself to stay up. Take a nap and your body will be grateful that you did so. You will have more energy than you did before and it gives your body a chance to fight the illness faster.

5. Take a break

Concentrating for hours is not good for anybody. Take at least a ten minute break and do something else. Distraction is good because you will be able to concentrate better when you come back to the subject. If you don't want to take a break, at least change subjects so your brain doesn't slow down or you get bored and start to wonder off.