Waving Your White Flag And Letting God Take Control

What will you do when your back is against the wall?

248

I’ve had a difficult week. Things just feel like they are piling up in my life, and that I have lost a grip on the variables around me. I have a lot going on and feel overwhelmed, to say the least.

There is a specific problem I have sitting in front of me that I don’t know if I can actually solve at all. I am very concerned about its repercussions. It is eating away at me a lot, honestly, but I had an epiphany standing in front of the fridge yesterday. It hit me that… I can simply let God handle what’s going on.

All I can do is my best, so after that, I should leave it in God’s hands. He holds my future whether I give into it or not.

It was as if, while staring indecisively at the food in front of me, worrying, God whispered to me saying, “Just let Me handle it.” After, I immediately felt a rush of relief. It was as if the weight of the world had been taken off of my tired shoulders. I had gotten so used to feeling like I had to have everything under control. So used to feeling like I had to have every problem solved. I forgot that it is truly impossible to have that happen and that God is in control no matter what. Of course, I decided to surrender after being backed into a corner, so it was not optimal. I should let God hold the reigns in my life all the time. I am sure I would be a lot less frustrated and stressed.

Everyone can benefit from handing over their future and worries to God, even those that generally don’t worry much. Everyone is still holding on tightly to SOMETHING. However, this concept is even more important to embrace for those of us that hold onto life with white knuckles. If you typically try to fix everything and be a perfectionist (like myself)…you have to work on giving your troubles to God more than others do. If you want to remain happy while living in a chaotic environment, you have to. Holding onto the responsibility of making everything perfect is a heavy burden to carry. You have to give it to God or else it will hurt.

One thing I am working on remembering, and I hope everyone else does as well, is that even if everything goes wrong, God has a plan. He has the power to get you out of any situation you might feel like you are boxed in. He will not let you down, and anything that is seriously meant to be, will happen.

Keeping that in mind brings me a lot of peace. I tend to be quite the "all or nothing" type of person. I worry that if I mess up or lose control, my whole life will fall to pieces. I worry about squandering opportunities that were meant for me. But letting God take control tells me that I just have to do the best I can. After that, I can relax and be sure that God is setting up a bright future.

We all can rest in knowing that God has the universe in His hands. He has it all under control, and he can turn any terrible thing into something good.