I Watched "IT" And Here's What Happened

I Watched "IT" And Here's What Happened

Facing my fears, and loving Richie and Eddie along the way

250
I Watched "IT" And Here's What Happened
Wherever-I-Look.com

Anybody who knows me knows that I am an avid scary movie watcher. In fact, I'm the type to watch scary movies by myself, just for fun. However, anyone who knows me also knows that my two of my greatest fears are clowns and birds. Because of this, it came as a surprise to some people that I not only watched the remake of Stephen King's, "IT", but I enjoyed it as much as I did. What I didn't expect, however, was to take away so much from the movie.

Before the remake came out, I made a point to watch the original made-for-TV version of the movie. While I'm aware that the original film came out in 1990, I was completely blown away by the advancements of film in just the last 27 years. While the original could be seen as "cheesy" at some points, I felt that the remake did a really good job of making each scary scene, just that, scary. The special effects added into the movie really enhanced the overall experience and made each scene meaningful.

Another very important part of the movie was these two. Finn Wolfhard and Jack Dylan Grazer, who play Richie and Eddie, provide much needed comedic relief throughout the entire movie.

This dynamic duo made you laugh, and you wanted nothing but for them to be protected. They were without a doubt my favorite part of the movie, and allowed me to giggle even when I was hiding behind my hands throughout the movie.

What I think was the biggest takeaway from "IT" however, was the importance of facing your fears. While the movie was meant to entertain and terrify viewers, a central theme in the film was fear, and how the kids go about facing it. As someone who is terrified of clowns, watching these young kids grow throughout the movie, and learn not to be afraid of Pennywise, was something that really resonated with me. Even though I have not yet conquered my fear of clowns, or birds, I found comfort in knowing that it was possible (even if it was written in).

While most people just watched the movie and left the theatre, I had been thinking about the movie since I watched the midnight premier. I can only hope that I can be as brave as the Losers Club in everything I do from here on out. Needless to say, I have been begging my friends, and counting down the days until I can see the movie again.

It was the first movie I had ever really been scared in, after years of watching scary movies, and I cannot wait to buy the DVD and watch the movie again and again.