What Do You Watch After You Binge Gilmore Girls

Here are a variety of documentaries for your choosing!

22
Forbes

Watching documentaries is one of my favorite activities. I think they are a great filler of the void Agent Carter or Orange is the New Black leaves behind. They can be left playing in the background for noise or you can really pay attention and learn something new. The versatility of documentaries is wonderful! But how do you decide what to watch? Here is a list of several documentaries I have watched that I think should be seen by everyone- in no particular order.

1.) Blackfish

This is an ivocotive study on how animals are treated in captivity. The documentary focuses on orca whales and SeaWorld, which has advocated for keeping these animals contained. It really makes the viewer think about why these animals have sometimes become violent. While the content is extremely sad, it has generated quite a bit of response from the audience. I think it's a very relevant documentary- even after being out for three years. Very worth a watch!

2.) What Happened, Miss Simone?

Focusing on the life of prolific female artist, Nina Simone. The audience is given an intimate look not only into her career, but also the emotional and psychological trauma that existed in her life. It is a really fascinating watch that needs to be seen by everyone! Love!

3.) Hot Girls Wanted

We all know about the adult film industry, but this documentary really says some intelligent things to say about the state of it. Relevant stars provide commentary about their experiences. It also explores the harsher realities for these performers. For the women involved in their industry, it can be a dark, unkind place, and it gets your attention from the start.

4.) Ballet 422

I am in love with anything related to ballet, so when I found this documentary I was hooked. This centers around the New York City Ballets creation of their 422nd ballet. Following the journey of Justin Peck- soloist and choreographer, the documentary deviates from standard fair. Throughout the documentary, it is a more simple take on this type of film, which leads to the appeal of it. It is a very easy and informative watch. Love it. Hands down one of my favorites. I've watched it so many times.

5.) Twinsters

This is a documentary that just made me happy to watch it. Two girls adopted from South Korea connect through social media and form a friendship. It is another documentary that just was a joy to watch. Seeing the connection between these two girls form is wonderful.

If you have never watched a documentary before, join the fold!