Top 10 Things To Do In The United States Capitol
Travel

Top 10 Things To Do In the United State's Capitol

This is your guide to a fun-filled weekend ing Washington, DC.

98

There's never a dull moment in Washington, DC. From educational activities to festivals and fairs to nightlife there is always something to do for people of all ages. I've been living here in the city for a little over a year, and there is still so much to see that I haven't gotten to yet. This beautiful place is fun and exciting to visit during all times of the year, and I highly recommend spending at least two days in the Capitol of the United States.

The Smithsonian Museums  

One of the top reasons to come to Washington, DC is to visit the Smithsonian Museums. They're full of beautiful artwork, remembrance, and facts. Best of all- they're all free!

The Eastern Market

On Saturday mornings the best place to get breakfast is at the Eastern Market in southeast DC. In the spring, summer, and early fall the streets are full of tents with artwork, clothing, and furniture, and the inside is full of fresh food, flowers, and pop up stands.

The Wharf

One of my favorite places to hang out is at the Wharf on the Waterfront. There's restaurants, bars, and a pier of fresh seafood. Not looking to spend a lot of money? Grab an ice cream cone from Ben & Jerry's and grab a seat on the end of the pier around the fire pit.

The Anthem, 9:30 Club, Echo Stage

Want to dance the night away after spending the day touring the city? The Anthem, 9:30 Club, and Echo Stage are all great venues that host a wide variety of artists.

Smithsonian's National Zoo

Hop on the metro and within a half hour from the National Mall, you can be at the Smithsonian's National Zoo. It's free entry and it's a great place to spend your Saturday afternoon!

Happy Hour 

Throughout the entire city, you can find some of the best happy hour's Monday through Thursday starting at 4. Cheap beer and a ton of new friends!

Regal Cinema in Chinatown

The Regal Cinema in Chinatown is the best movie theater I have ever been to. You can order chicken fingers and french fries that are delivered right to your reclinable reserved seats! Nothing better. If your early for your movie and have time to kill, there is a bar with bowling and pool tables which is always a fun way to kill time with friends.

National Mall - At Night

Everyone always talks about going to the National Mall, but the best time to go is at night. Everything is lit up and it's beautiful! Best of all, not many people are hanging around so you have the entire place to roam around and sit and hang out with friends on the monuments.

Cherry Blossom Festival

The best part of Washington, DC is in the spring because the cherry blossoms are finally blossoming. People come from all around the world to see these beautiful trees that were gifted to us. In March, there are many events happening on the weekends such as live music, food trucks, and other activities.

Street Fairs

My favorite part of the city is that there is something always going on. Something I really love to go to include the street fairs and the festivals happening within the street. They're great places to learn about different cultures, eat yummy food, and buy local handmade goods from local vendors.