5 Things That Washingtonians Take For Granted
Travel

5 Amazing Things About Washington, The State Not D.C., That We All Take For Granted

As a Pacific Northwest native, I have found myself not realizing just how lucky I am to be living in such a beautiful place, and so I made a list of some of these things and the reasons why you should love them.

58
Rachel Hardin

Washington and all of its beauty is so amazing, and as a totally biased person, I 100% think that if you've never been here, you should give it a chance. Between the breathtaking views and the amazing trails, Washington never falls short on having great things to do.

You're never too far from water.

I don't think that I could imagine a life in which I don't go to the beach at least six times a month. Wherever you are in the states (Washington and Oregon) you can find something, a lake, a river, a large puddle, or an entire ocean if you're lucky. There is a mesmeric quality to the beauty of water, but there is also the crazy wild side which allows you to tube across a lake and be extreme. You are never more than a days car ride from water, and having been to other states I honestly don't know how people live their whole lives without seeing an ocean.

Evergreen trees.

Let me tell you a thing or two about trees. I have never been to another place that is so green. If there was one thing that Twilight got right about Washington it was the amazing trees. Everywhere you look you can see these huge, green trees.

Fun Fact: this species of the tree never lose their leaves.

Abundance of coffee shops.

Coffee is delicious, Starbucks started here, and if we did one thing right it is our coffee. Living in a college town there are approximately one million coffee shops, drive-thrus, pop-ups, and or vendors wherever you go. If you do not have a cup of joe in your hand then what are you even doing.

Beaches.

If you live somewhere along the coast (which I recommend) you have the daily access to some of the most amazing beaches, parks, and trails. I can only remember one instance where I went on a picnic somewhere other than a beach/park combination. So next time you are at a beach take a second and be thankful that you are able to be there.

Mountains.

Do yourself a favor (if you have the chance) and Google: Washington mountains.

There are over thirty different mountains, peaks, and cascades.

One of the most common things I hear in the morning is "wow, look at the mountain today" "wow look how pretty she is today" and "aren't we just so lucky to see that every day?"

Yes, we are so lucky. Imagine a drive to work where you don't see anything pretty (no thank you), and how boring that would be. The mountains, in all their glory, give us so many amazing sights, hikes, and memories.

It is so easy to take this all for granted, and not see the beauty of Washington each day. So the next time that you are out and about at a beach with a view of the mountains, take it in and think how great the PNW is.