I Was Meant To Be A Physical Therapist

I Was Meant To Be A Physical Therapist

It was always there.
35

God works in mysterious ways. I will never doubt that. College has been a very interesting journey and seeing as though graduation is in a little more than a week I cannot help, but reflect on the crazy journey. God definitely makes our paths straight and He did so for me. I realized recently that I was always meant to be a physical therapist (PT). It has always been in the back of my mind. It just took me a while to realize it.

In eighth grade, we had a random career day at school. I was 13 and although I had been on college visits due to my sister being 4 years older than me, I wasn't looking for what I wanted to do. I was a kid who was excited to go to high school. I desired to go to college, but I couldn't see past high school because college seemed so far away. Anyway, one of the only stations that I still remember from that day was a physical therapy station. I was attracted to all the fun "toys" they had brought with them. It genuinely sparked my interest.

So fast forward to junior year of high school when all of a sudden you have to have an idea of what you want to do. PT had kind of come up, but I did not like that you had to go to grad school. Why would I want to commit to more school after 4 years of college when I hadn't even started undergraduate school? Meanwhile, I had come to love biology and the sciences. SO naturally I decided on biomedical engineering, which was the last thing I told myself I would ever go to school for. So I got to the first semester of my sophomore year when I decided I needed to make a change. That is when after much debate I picked physical therapy. That is when I also remembered that day in the eighth grade.

God had planted the seed in me a long time ago. I just had to wait for His timing. As I head off to graduate school in August, I am so excited for the next three years! I finally feel passionate about what I am learning and I could not ask for more. Although my path wasn't straight and also was not the most winding one out there, I am so grateful for it. I was able to attend two universities where I have met so many amazing people. I could not imagine my life without either set of them. God leads us to the right path. We just have to be willing to take it!