The Story Surrounding Demi Lovato's Overdose

Even Warriors Fall Sometimes: The Story Surrounding Demi Lovato

Mamma, I'm so sorry, I'm not sober anymore/ Daddy, please forgive me for the spilled drinks on the floor.

110
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bk3w9j9lfBJ/?taken-by=ddlovato

Like many other girls my age and younger, Demi Lovato has always been somebody we looked up to as a role model because of her perseverance in whatever life had to throw at her. I first saw Demi in concert in July of 2016, performing with Nick Jonas in the Honda Civic tour. I thought she was good, but hearing her in person made her even better, not just as a singer, but as a person. She spread awareness about her struggle and shows how those of us can help. In March of 2018, I saw her once again, in Philadelphia where she had DJ Khaled and Kehlani. Once again, she rocked the show, with not one dry eye in the house when she performed her hit Sober.

Here is the journey I compiled of the words and songs that she has released about her personal life.

ABC News Interview.

At the young age of 5, Demi Lovato had started her career off in a singing path, where she revealed in an interview with ABC News (at the age of 20) that this is when she started body shaming herself. She was a typical girl growing up, looking at magazines, seeing how skinning and pretty all of those ladies were, hanging their pictures on her wall, wanting to be just like them. Lovato then started her life as an actor, acting on the Barney show at the age of 7.

Things really took a toll when at the age of 11, people were starting to notice marks on her arm, from self-injurious behavior. News had also come out that she was struggling with bulimia, an eating disorder, and this is when she had admitted herself to rehab.

October 17, 2017.

Her whole life story was out. Her struggles with drug use, eating disorders, and bipolar disease were all shared when Demi released her documentary, Demi Lovato: Simply Complicated. Lovato also shared her road to sobriety through this documentary.

June 21, 2018.

Sober.

After 6 years of sobriety had been celebrated back in March, Demi released the single Sober. Drawing attention to the chorus where she sings.

Mamma, I'm so sorry, I'm not sober anymore/
Daddy, please forgive me for the spilled drinks on the floor/
The ones who never left me, we've been down this road before/
I'm so sorry, I'm not sober anymore

Some fans were thinking she had relapsed again, some were thinking she was talking about previous drug use, but it all came to a conclusion a month later.

July 24, 2018.

Relapse.

Breaking news came across in the late afternoon, Demi had relapsed. Something her fans had possibly never thought would happen again, I sure didn't.

Like the many other Demi fans, I was bawling my eyes out as I heard and read the news of Demi and her relapse, as I was blaring Sober in the background.

#NotOneMore