Who Wants Some Herb?

Who Wants Some Herb?

11 herbs that you should keep in your garden!

16
Who Wants Some Herb?
Alesha Green

Hold on a second there! I'm talking about the herbs you pick out of your garden to use for cooking! But food isn't the only thing herbs are good for right!? Don't go away until you read about these 11 magical herbs. You will not be disappointed!

1. Stevia

The most impressive characteristic of this herb is that it is an all natural sweetener! It has 0 calories so you do not have to feel guilty about using it. Stevia is also an anti-inflammatory and can help lower blood pressure and fight diabetes!

2. Lemon Balm

This medicinal plant can fight against bronchial inflammation, earaches, fevers, headaches, high blood pressure, influenza, mood swings, toothaches and nausea. Not impressed yet? Well ladies, lemon balm can ease your menstrual cramps when it is used as a tea. Not to mention, it smells absolutely amazing! It's an all natural perfume.

3. Sage

When used externally, sage can be used to treat sprains, swelling, ulcers and bleeding. You can also gargle with a sage infused tea to cure a sore throat. Sage can also be burned to clear the air of any harmful energies surrounding you.

4. Lavender

Ah, the famous lavender. Everyone knows lavender can calm us down after a long day. Its soothing smell can aid in sleep and stress relief. It can also be used to clean our skin and scalp. Lavender oil can also aid in hair growth due to its ability to enhance blood circulation.

5. Mint

If you are looking for something to clear your sinuses, surround yourself in a minty aroma. Mint is also great to consume right before and after meals. It soothes indigestion, inflammation and cleans your palate. So if you have a cold or an upset stomach, get your hands on some mint! Different types of mint leaves include peppermint, spearmint and even chocolate mint.

6. Hoodia Gardonii

This herb is a natural weight loss supplement. It's an appetite and thirst suppressant! Although this herb can only be found in South Africa and Asia, it can be found in the form of a pill at various vitamin stores in the U.S.

7. Dill

Dill contains flavonoids like vicenin and kaempferol, as well as vitamins and minerals like vitamin A and vitamin C. Plus its a great seasoning if you like pickles!

8. Lemon Verbena

No, not lemon balm, lemon verbena! They both smell delicious, but they are a little different. Lemon verbena aids in weight loss, digestive issues, fever, anxiety and congestion. It also helps your immune system, protects your muscles and reduces inflammation. Which one is better? Lemon verbena or lemon balm?

9. Comfrey

Comfrey has many healing properties. it can relieve pain, upset stomach, gum disease, heavy menstrual cycles, bruises, fractures, sprains and even cancer!

10. Chamomile

This herb is a sleep aid and helps muscles aches. Chamomile produces lactic acid when cooked. This herb is commonly used as a tea.

11. Dandelion

Here is a good one! Dandelion is good for so many things. This herb is good for liver, cancer, diabetes, bone health, weight loss, urinary disorders, anemia and so much more! You can find this herb in various beauty products. It can also be made into a wine.

Let's Recap! We've learned about herbal sweeteners, perfumes, suppressants, weight mangers and healers. Did I mention that all of these herbs could be used as seasonings in the kitchen? You can also make them all into herbal tea. So now you know what herbs to use this summer!