Want To Start Watching Anime? Start With These 6

These are great places to begin. They're fan favorites that introduce you to the great anime world.

36

Anime is unlike any other medium.

There are so many genres within anime, like slice of life, romance, horror, and more. However, there are just a few anime that are so well-done that everyone can enjoy regardless of what their favorite genre is. Those are the ones that get so many new fans into the world of anime.

The synopses written are all spoiler free so you can fully enjoy whatever anime you decide to watch!

All of these picks can all be found on Netflix.

1. Death Note

Death Note has a special place in my heart as the first anime I ever watched and the one that got me hooked.

Without going into too much detail, Death Note follows Light Yagami, a genius high schooler who finds a notebook owned by a God of Death. The events after he found the notebook is astounding, it's a must watch.

2. Devilman Crybaby

Devilman Crybaby follows Akira, the said crybaby, who through dramatic and traumatic events, turns into a devilman, which is of course, the combination of a demon and a human man. This anime is slow to start, but the ending is both extremely sad and satisfying.

3. The Promised Neverland

Between you and me, this is my favorite anime so my review will be very brief as to not spoil too much.

The Promised Neverland follows three children in an orphanage. I realize how vague that description sounds, but please watch it, this anime is more than deserving of your time.

4. Attack on Titan

Attack on Titan is honestly in my top 3 anime after watching 50+. It's so good, and almost everyone who has watched it agrees.

It follows Eren Yeager and his world after being attacked by, you guessed it, titans after 100 years of peace. There are so many twists and turns that you just have to watch it; saying anything more would be a disservice to the show.

5. Kakegurui

Kakegurui is an anime about a high school and its intense hierarchy only based gambling. It's an intense show with gambling far beyond what you've seen before, so beware of the content of the show. Besides that, it's not the most well-written or anything, but the anime is so entertaining.

6. Parasyte

Parasyte is about an alien race that burrows itself in humans. The protagonist, Izumi, is able to stop his parasite from entering his brain, and the parasite subsequently stays in his right hand. The anime then follows both of them try to adapt to each other and the world around them now with parasites.