A Wall Of Love For Those Who Need It

A Wall Of Love For Those Who Need It

Two Adelphi University Organizations Combat Campus Negativity

7
A Wall Of Love For Those Who Need It

Positivity spread at Adelphi University when The Odyssey Online teamed up with AU GAMES Club, April 13, in the campus University Center rooms 213 and 214 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.

At the event, known as the “Wall of Love,” passerby were encouraged to write positive or inspirational messages on Post-It notes for others to read.

The goal of the event was to cover the wall with these messages. members handed out safety pins to participants. These pins represent the sentiment of “you are safe with me and I stand beside you.”

While there, members handed out safety pins to participants. These pins represent the sentiment of “you are safe with me and I stand beside you.” By wearing a safety pin, one says that they are a safe person to talk to about their problems.

Given the current political and social climate in America, many people feel uneasy toward what the future holds. This event aimed to garner solidarity for those who feel vulnerable on Adelphi University’s campus.

“The Wall of Love was a great way to spread positivity and encouragement at a time when we all need it,” said Steph Pohl, editor in chief of The Odyssey. “We live in such a negative climate in terms of culture and in general. This Wall of Love is a step in the right direction.”

Aside from political influences, the event was also a positive influence on those going through rough times or having a less-than-ideal day. The purpose of the event was to spread love, which is something positive that the organizations feel everyone deserves.

“This is a wonderful event due to the positivity that it spreads,” said Thomas Maurice, president of GAMES. “Many people often have a bad day and they may not get the encouragement they may want or have a person to talk about their problems with. With this, people will be able to go and find people to talk to and get the positivity they need.”

GAMES Club plans to hold this event each semester. The Eboard predicts that with some luck and perseverance, the event will pick up and take off. They hope that the Wall of Love will eventually become a widely popular campus initiative.