Waiting On The Lord

Waiting On The Lord

There really is always a lesson in waiting.

6
Waiting On The Lord
Google

Have you ever been in a period of your life that you feel you are just waiting for something to happen? It almost feels like you are sitting on a roller coaster waiting to take off - except you don't know what to expect. You are waiting for the guy over the ride to pull the lever and send you off, but he hasn't yet. You sit and wait, but it sometimes doesn't feel like you will ever get the okay to start moving.

From personal experience, that's how waiting on the Lord feels for me. I know what it's like to sit and feel like you are on the edge of greatness, but God hasn't given you the okay to move forward. I know what it's like to just sit and wonder, "what's taking so long?". Then it occurred to me, God has to have a reason for me to be waiting. I stopped looking at what I call, "the time in between," as just simply waiting and started looking for any lessons to be learned. It turned out that there was many. I think the coolest thing was the minute I started to become content with where I was, and I started learning the lessons that were placed around me, I started moving forward. Those lessons were also vital to me in the next phase of my life, too.

So to anyone reading this who is in a period of waiting:

Look around you. There is an important lesson that is waiting to be learned. Be content with where God has you and remember you are exactly where He wants you to be right now. There will be a day when you are able to look around and realize you were standing right in the middle of His faithfulness the whole time. Stay faithful.