21 Things To Do In Blacksburg, VA This Summer When You're Bored

Despite loving all the free time that summer in Blacksburg has to offer, there comes a time that there is simply too much time in a day and that's when boredom strikes.

356

Being bored is like the unwanted summer trend — it's bound to happen at least once. So, in order to be prepared for when the boredom hits, take a look at this list for some ideas of how to spend that time!

1. Find a new show

Find a different Netflix show to binge watch — something that isn't like your normal show.

2. Take a Power Nap (or a nap in General)

Rest that pretty head of yours and give it some time off

3. Start a Garden

Succulents are really in right now and they are super easy to plant and care for! (unless you're like me and you kill anything that grows)

4. Go see that movie you've been wanting to see

Even if it's by yourself.

5. Plan a last-minute road trip

Grab your bff or S/O and hit the road. Go check out that waterfall that everyone's been posting about or that cliff diving spot that may or may not be illegal.

6. Try something new

Like yoga or running. Literally anything that you haven't done before, or in a while, counts. So, just do it.

7. Color

I'm biased on this one because this is what I do to relieve stress but when you're bored, what do you have to lose? Give it a try & it might help lower your stress levels too!

8. Browse Zillow

I do this all the time — it could easily take up an entire day

9. Figure out a way to make more money

May I suggest going through your closet and getting rid of the clothes that haven't seen the sun since you bought them?

10. Paint your nails

Honestly, self-pampering is the best way to spend your time

11. Go on a walk

Go on a walk to clear your mind of the day or current issues that have been stressing you out. Take this time out of your day to just simply be.

12. Make a cocktail

Experiment with your favorite drinks so you can have a new concoction to show your friends when tailgating season starts.

13. Browse through new hairstyles

Is it really summer if you don't switch up your hairdo?

14. Stretch

So many people underestimate the power of stretching but trust me, you will find out that you have muscles that you didn't even know existed. It's also a great way to clear your head and to just take in your surroundings.

15. Make a vision board

Even if you already have one, you can replace the things that you have already completed with new things that you want to conquer in the coming year!

16. Go through your pictures

On Facebook. On your phone. On your computer. If you're anything like me, this could take multiple days to go through them all. Plus, what better way to kill some time than traveling down memory lane?

17. Go through your emails

If you're only of those people who just read the important stuff and leave everything else then this one is for you! Clean up that inbox and minimize the junk that's in it!

18. Update your resume

Or learn how to make a resume. Either way, it's important to have an up-to-date one so you can have it ready to go when you have a new job opportunity.

19. Pick a book in the Bible & start reading

It's very intimidating to say "read the bible" because let's face it, that thing is huge & it will stare you down until you walk away. But seriously, grab your Bible, take it outside, and just open it up to one of the books to start reading.

20. Organize something

There is always something in your life that can be organized. Maybe your closet needs some help or your bathroom cabinet has gotten a little to junky. Oh, don't forget about your car — I'm sure that could use a bit of help.

21. Call up an old friend

Yes, I said call. It takes up a lot more time than a simple "hey" text or an email with a life update. Besides, it's a lot more personal and I'm sure they would love to hear your voice.