15 Things To Do This Summer When You Have No Clue What To Do

Never be bored with this list of 15 activities to try this summer!

128
Federico Giampieri

Summer can be one of the best seasons of the year, but there are always times when you sit around trying to think of something to do. Tired of being in this situation? Want something to keep you excited and busy this summer? Look no further! Here is a list of activities you can do in the moments where you just don't know what to do.

1. Ride Bikes

Riding bikes is an easy way to exercise and travel. Find a trail near your house and hit the road!

2. Fly a kite

For the child at heart, flying a kite is a great way to spend a windy summer afternoon.

3. Make Ice cream

Step 1: Gather the ingredients; ice Cubes, 1 cup half and half, 1/2 cup Kosher salt, 2 tablespoons sugar, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1 pint-size Ziploc bag, 1 gallon-size Ziploc bag and any of your favorite ice cream mixings (my favorite are Oreos)!

Step 2: Combine the half and half, sugar and vanilla extract in the pint-size bag.

Step 3: Seal the bag tightly, so that none of the liquid will leak out.

Step 4: Fill the gallon-size Ziploc bag halfway with ice cubes. Sprinkle Kosher salt over the ice cubes.

Step 5: Insert the pint-size bag filled with ingredients into the bag of ice and salt. Seal the gallon-size Ziploc bag. If the bag begins to leak, don't hesitate double bagging it to reduce the mess.

Step 6: Shake the bag for 5-10 minutes until the ice cream mixture begins to harden. Feel the small bag to determine the consistency of your ice cream. Once satisfied with the consistency, remove the small bag from the bag of ice. Enjoy!

4. Do yoga

Yoga is a great way to stretch and de-stress. Take some time to calm your senses and breath.

5. Go swimming

Whether in a pool, lake or ocean, go swimming! Splashing around in water is a staple on a hot day.

6. Play Frisbee

Gather a group and head outside for this one. Either toss around the Frisbee or start a game of ultimate.

7. Try a new food

There are hundreds of foods out there so go try something new! Try the hottest pepper or the sweetest piece of candy.

8. Have a picnic

Fill a basket with sandwiches, fruit, and drinks. Find a park, beach or any picnic location and enjoy your feast.

9. Make a tie-dye shirt

You can pick up a dye kit at any craft store and some drug stores carry them as well. Grab a white cotton shirt and begin.

10. Play a board game

Playing a board game is the perfect rainy day activity. Play Twister with a twist, add soap or paint to have a messy game.

11. Read a book

Most libraries have summer reading programs that give you rewards for reading. Pick up a quick read or sit down for a day read.

12. Rollerblade

Rollerblade around the block or head downtown and roll next to the lake.

13. Catch fireflies

Spend a night outside chasing these little light bugs.

14. Go stargazing

Enjoy your time in the summer, take a second to look up at the sky and the amazing world around you.

15. Visit a National Landmark or State Park

There are a bunch of national landmarks. Do a google search for ones nearby you and go on an adventure!

Don't spend your summer waiting around for an opportunity to come to you, go out and live! I hope you have the best summer ever and enjoy every minute!