I'm Not A Virgin, But I Can Wait

I'm Not A Virgin, But I Can Wait

Being an adult comes with lots of responsibilities and I'm sorry, but having sex with multiple different people isn't something I want to be responsible for.

1905
I'm Not A Virgin, But I Can Wait

I do realize that my family, friends, and really anyone in the human race can read this article, so I'm just going to put it out there - I am NOT a virgin. Surprise! Sorry grandma. However, I do want to wait to have sex with someone else until I know that they are the one I will be with forever.

Unfortunately I lost my virginity before marriage, but I'm choosing to accept that and move forward, rather sit and feel like I'm a terrible person for it. I was younger, and I'm not very happy about it but life happens, I had sex and unless I become some sort of super-human, I can never get that virginity back.

Being a college student, and having had roughly two serious relationships, sex was not something that I'm afraid of. It was not something I didn't know about, or was sheltered from. I'm very lucky to have the family I do, because they had always told me sex was nothing to play around with, but it was also not to be taken for granted. Sex should be wonderful, and fun between you and your partner(s).

As I got older, sex became something I was more curious about, but I never just did it to do it, I always had meaning behind it. I personally had beliefs about it that my partner didn't. I had thoughts that after having sex, my life would change, and our relationship would change. That was true-to an extent. Life gives us so many temptations that sometimes it's hard not having sex in relationships these days. If I know anything, when you get to a certain point with your partner, and things are getting steamy, it's not hard to unbutton your pants.

Sex is super fun, I won't lie-but sex is also complicated. Between STD's, allergic reactions, figuring out which type of protection (if any) works best for you, contraception methods, and making sure it's a consensual agreement, you can't just whip it out and expect it to go peachy-keen. I was super nervous at first when I spoke with my partner about having sex. Was I his first? Does he have any diseases? Is he really going to use a condom? What if it breaks? There are so many questions that should be talked about.

As I said before, I'm a college kid. My freshman year, I went out and partied with my friends and almost every time, I can think of someone who got laid. It wasn't always my friends, but just being around so many people, you see lots of PDA whether you want to or not! Now, being in my second year and understanding sex a little more, I have a better idea of how I want to deal with sex from here on out.

Although sex is fun, and intimate, it's not something I want to continue to give away to someone who I feel isn't worthy. I don't think that's selfish to say either. Some may beg to differ, but that's their opinion. Being an adult comes with lots of responsibilities and I'm sorry, but having sex with multiple different people isn't something I want to be responsible for. I can wait. I know that whoever I am going to end up with will be willing to wait with me. By waiting, I don't mean until marriage, but until you both know that the time is right and it genuinely means something to the both of you. I can only imagine what it will be like to find that person, and not only experience bedroom fun, but fun in general with them.

I guess my point to this whole article, is don't feel bad if you're still a virgin at 20, or if you've been having sex for years. Don't feel bad if you feel out of place, because trust me, you're not. Don't be afraid to wait for that "Special Someone" before giving away part of you that you can never get back.

P.s. If you are totally against this article, and believe I'm wrong, I don't hate you. I respect your differences. You do you! As long as you're safe, I'm happy for you. Everyone deserves sex in their life.