Vice President Biden Awarded Medal of Freedom

A grateful national thank you to Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr.
22

During an awards ceremony held today, President Obama announced that he would be awarding the Presidential Medal of Freedom with distinction to Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. President Obama spoke very highly of his "brother" and his service to this great nation across all plains. He noted that Vice President Biden has worked with the military and played an important role in working to finding a cure for cancer.

Prior to becoming the Vice President Joseph Biden served as a United States Senator and was the chair in many committees in the senate. Biden has served the United States since 1973 when he was first elected as a Deleware state senator. He also serves concurrently as the President of the Senate alongside Speaker of the House Paul Ryan. It should be noted that Vice President has many friends and is considered to have a fond personality from both parties. President Obama spoke very highly of Vice President Biden, his wife Dr. Jill Biden, Ed.D., and their kids.

The citation for the award reads:

Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. In a career of public service spanning nearly half a century, Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. has left his mark on almost every part of our nation fighting for a stronger middle class, a fairer judicial system, and a smarter foreign policy, providing unyielding support for our troops, combating crime and violence against women, leading our quest to cure cancer, and safeguarding the landmark American Recovery and Reinvestment Act from corruption.

With his charm, candor, unabashed optimism and deep and abiding patriotism, Joe Biden has garnered the respect and esteem of colleagues of both parties and the friendship of people across the nation and around the world. While summoning the strength, faith, and grace to overcome great personal tragedy, this son of Scranton, Claymont and Wilmington has become one of the most consequential vice presidents in American history, an accolade that none the less rests firmly behind his legacy as husband, father, and grandfather.

A grateful national thank you to Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. for his lifetime of service on behalf of the United States of America.

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/mmoates

Follow me on Facebook: http://facebook.com/realmichaelmoates