How To Trick-or-'Treat' Your Loved One Based On Their Love Language

Appealing to your person in a way they can relate to will really "pumpkin spice" things up between you!

28

It's officially spooky season, but just because you won't see heart-shaped chocolates for sale on this holiday doesn't mean doing something "sweet" for someone you love won't be appreciated. If you've fallen into a slump lately and want to do something out of the ordinary, try thinking about how they go about expressing their love to you, or their love language. Do they say "I love you" by giving hugs? Are they less of a touchy person, but make sure to pick up all of your favorite snacks when they go on a grocery run? After reading this, you'll be a "jack-o-lantern" of all trades as far as "treating" anyone you care about.

Physical touch

touch

This is my love language without a doubt, so these tips are "definitely" coming from an expert haha. Speaking from experience, just a simple hug for people who love physical closeness can make the worst day do a complete one-eighty. Thinking small as far as gestures can be really nice. When you joke around or have conversations with them, find excuses to touch them. Things like hand-holding, cuddling or playing with hair will make them feel "spook-tacular."

Receiving/giving gifts

present

Anything from something homemade or their favorite snack to that Gucci belt they've been dying for will make someone with this love language freak out in the best way! If you hear them talk about how much they love that new restaurant that just opened, think about taking them out to a surprise dinner. If you know they love roses, pick some up for them next time you're at Kroger. Giving them gifts that reflect what they like shows them you're a "fang-tastic" listener.

Quality time

people

images.unsplash.com

Taking the time out of your day to spend with people who have this love language tells them that you care enough about them to sacrifice what you want to do in order to make them feel special. Planning a night in with their favorite movie or an evening walk in the park is their cup of tea. Surprise them by taking them on a road trip! Think "me time" with a plus one.

Words of affirmation

sunrise

People who love being loved in this way are all about good morning texts, and every text in between. If you wake up with them on your mind, don't hesitate to tell them. They're touched by receiving personal letters or messages that are spontaneous and detailed. Try sprinkling in random compliments and reassurance into your conversations with them. If they accomplish something big, tell them you're proud! If you make sure you tell them just how much they mean to you, it really helps solidify your love for them in their eyes. They'll even be excited to do all of these same things for you too!

Acts of service

washing dishes

If the laundry is piling up or you notice your loved one is coming down with the sniffles, doing an act that shows you're taking care of them can help lift them up! Try taking an evening to spruce their cemetery- I mean- flower garden up, or make dinner so they can put their feet up for a while. Proving that you recognize their needs and want to help with them really speaks to your person.

If you're unsure about what you or your loved one's love language is, try taking a quiz to find out for sure! I hope this helps to warm you "to the bone" this October!