UTM Homecoming Week Events Schedule

UTM Homecoming Week Events Schedule

There are so many events.

74
UTM Homecoming Week Events Schedule
tennessee.edu

Homecoming week is an exciting time on UTM’s campus. There are so many different events and things to do all week.

1. Rope Pull

Rope pull is kind of like a gladiator version of tug of war. There’s two different divisions, sorority and fraternity. It begins on Monday afternoon and happens every day until the finals on Friday.

2. Lip Sync

Lip sync is an event where all of the new members in the organizations “pretend” to sing with the songs in their routine. They have to come up with a routine that matches the theme of homecoming. They of course dress up to match the theme and have music and dance. It can be very entertaining. It starts at 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday night. Also, the homecoming court nominations are introduced at lip sync.

3. Homecoming court

Homecoming queen voting is on Wednesday. All you have to do is go to the UC and they have booths set up where you can vote.

4. Pyramid

Pyramid is kind of like a cheer competition. Each organization gets a team together and performs their routine. Not to mention, it is part of the campus pep rally. Pyramid happens on Friday night.

5. Quad city

Quad city is probably my favorite part of homecoming week. All of the organizations get together on the quad and make their own booth. The booth has to tie in with the homecoming theme and best represent that organization. There’s so much going on all morning and it’s so much fun to see what everyone comes up with. The football team also does their “Skyhawk walk” through the quad at 11:00 a.m. Quad city activities begins at 10:30 a.m. on Saturday morning.

6. Football game

The football game is what homecoming leads up to. This year we play Austin Peay. The homecoming game starts at 2:00 p.m.

There are also all kinds of other events that happen throughout the week, such as a volleyball match, NPHC step show, and the PRSSA womanless revue. Make sure you go by the UC to check out everyone’s homecoming banners, too!