Paulina Castro: UT Martin Homecoming Queen Nominee

"I live, breathe and love UTM. Before I even began school at Martin, I had it in my blood."

83
Paulina Castro

Paulina Castro is from Martin, TN and is the 2016 Homecoming representative for Chi Omega. She is a nursing major and will graduate in May of 2018. She was born in Honduras but her family moved to Union City, TN when she was four. Paulina's parents met at UT Martin, so she is a third generation student.

Paulina states, "I love Chi Omega, caring for others, and anything that doesn’t involve school work". She loves being involved on campus such as attending the UTM football games. Paulina also enjoys going to eat with friends and being able to have a stress free weekend full of laziness and fun.

She is very busy with Chi Omega this semester and stays very active with her sorority chapter. She is the treasurer, participating in Pyramid and is running for Homecoming queen!

After college, she plans on working at a hospital as an RN but still is unsure of what focus. Paulina says, "After working as an RN for a few years, I plan on returning to school, to become a Pediatric nurse practitioner".

Being able to be successful in life can be challenging sometimes and giving up can be easy when things are going wrong. Paulina says, "I believe that being successful in college, means giving 100% on everything you do". She is a nursing major and is involved in a sorority, so life can be pretty hectic at times.

She states, "Even if I didn’t make that grade I wanted or didn’t win that competition I competed in, success is more than that. Success is feeling like I gave it my all and did the best that I know I could".

College is a time of trial and error for everyone for those short four years and nobody is perfect. College is a time to find yourself and to become a better person than what you once were.

Paulina believes she would be the best representative for UTM homecoming queen because, "I live, breathe and love UTM. Before I even began school at Martin, I had it in my blood. Representing UTM a homecoming queen means that you embody the student body for what it really is. UTM is full of scholars, athletes, artists, musicians, scientists and believers in what this campus truly means to all of us".

Homecoming Queen is a big deal at UT Martin. The individual is nominated by their chapter to represent them. Then, the students at UTM will vote for the best representative so it is a big deal being nominated by the entire student population.

She states, "UTM has given me role models, a new family, and a home to call for the past three years. I am forever indebted to this university and for all of the opportunities it has given me. It would be such an honor to represent UTM as the 2016 homecoming queen."