13 Signs You're From Lakeville, Massachusetts
popular

Only people from this small town will understand.

4928

Living in Lakeville, MA is the definition of small-town life. With a population of only 10,000 people, it’s not uncommon for everyone to know pretty much everyone. Although we like to complain about Lakeville, we have to admit that it does have a certain small town charm. Here are a few distinguishable signs that prove you are from wonderful Lakeville, Massachusetts:

1. No one has ever heard of your town.

Most people haven’t even heard of the neighboring towns either, so it’s always a struggle trying to explain to people where you’re from.

2. You know everyone in your grade and almost everyone in your entire school.

Your classes were small enough to know everyone’s names, and become familiar with all of the other classes in the school as well.

3. You still wonder why all the lakes in your town are referred to as “ponds”.

Seriously, it’s called Lakeville for a reason. What’s with all the ponds?

4. Though Freetown is basically the same place, you still think Lakeville is better.

You attend school with them, share a borderline and basically have the same populations, but Lakeville is still better.

5. You use the term “jucket”.

Basically a hillbilly from Lakeville or Freetown, but no one else would understand that.

6. Your favorite pizza is golden barbecue chicken from Baldie’s.

The golden barbecue chicken from Baldie’s Pizza couldn’t be more popular or more delicious.

7. Lakeside Festival was what you looked forward to all year in middle school.

You only went to hangout with friends, go on The Freakout, and eat fried dough.

8. You played or watched sports at Ted Williams Camp.

Whether you played soccer, baseball, football, tennis or volleyball, Ted Williams had a place for you to practice.

9. Your sports team won an SCC Championship in high school.

One of the best parts about being an Apponequet Laker was domination in sports.

10. You had to travel to the next town over for any source of fun.

Seriously, all the malls, movie theaters, and parks were in other towns.

11. Your parents are from Lakeville also, or a neighboring town.

People from Lakeville tend to stay in Lakeville.

12. Your idea of a beach was Clear Pond Park when you were younger.

Clear Pond was always fun, even if there was a danger of getting bitten by snapping turtles.

13. No matter where you go it’s still nice to come home to “The Ville” every now and then.

Despite how much we complain about our town, it will still always be home to us.