Habiba Soliman: UT Martin Homecoming Queen Nominee

Habiba Soliman is the homecoming representative for Zeta Tau Alpha. Bibi is what most of her college friends call her. She is from Cairo, Egypt and moved to the United States in 2010. She states, "It was a dramatic change and a cultural shock. It took me a while to realize that if I don't step outside my comfort zone, and seek for opportunities, I will achieve nothing".

From then until now, Bibi is now a senior communications major and will be graduating December 2016. She hopes to go to grad school at the University of Connecticut and pursue a degree in the M.A. Program in Communication. This program emphasizes the scientific study of human communication and behavior. She hopes that she will be able to fulfill her goals. If that does not work out, she says "I plan to stay in Tennessee and hopefully be a UT Martin recruiter while getting my degree in Leadership and Professional Practice".

Being nominated by the sorority chapter the individual is in, is a big deal for homecoming queen. That means that the chapter knows the individual is well known around campus and represents their school well. With that being said, she has been involved in many clubs along with ZTA which include: SOAR staff, Pep leader, and Undergraduate Alumni Council.

Bibi states, "It is a HUGE honor, that my chapter nominated and trusted me to represent ZTA". During homecoming week, the students on campus at UT Martin will vote for their homecoming queen. The winner will be announced at the football game on Saturday, Oct. 8.

UT Martin means a lot to her in many different ways. She says, "I have made an enormous amount of fantastic friendships because of UTM that I will forever cherish. I have made connections with outstanding faculty and staff. I am a forever and always PROUD Skyhawk!"

Being in a sorority, having work and then homecoming when you get done with a long day can be challenging at sometimes, but it does not phase Bibi. Bibi has worked throughout college along with having homework and being a Zeta Tau Alpha.

Bibi says, "I joined ZTA and everyone and everyone was incredibly welcoming and they all showed interest by knowing things about me. My friendships started expanding so rapidly, and my leadership skills were growing".

Bibi is highly spirited in everything that she does. She was the Zeta Risk Manager in 2014 and is now the New Member Educator. The new member educator is the one who helps all the new freshman members. They are the leader of all their meetings and helps make their freshman year easier by getting all the advice they need from the new member educator.

Homecoming is Oct. 8 and the winner will be announced during halftime. Bibi is Zeta Tau Alpha's nominee, will she have the vote from the student body, she will see.