Can essential oils help with anxiety?

How I Use Essential Oils To Support My Emotions

Yes they really can help your emotions!

40

When I first got started with Young Living I just wanted to be able to use essential oils on my skin and lemon in my water (Young Living has a Seed to Seal promise that guarantees their oils are pure and therapeutic grade so I knew I could trust them on and in my body), and I never imagined using them for my emotions. I knew other people used them, but I honestly assumed that my emotional issues were too great to be helped by essential oils and so I waited to even try them. Boy, was I wrong.

I have always had "big feelings" and have struggled with anxiety and depression since freshman year of college so emotions are a big deal for me and emotional health is truly important to me (as it should be for everyone). It wasn't until just recently that I started viewing my health holistically and as something I could actively improve without medication.

Essential oils can penetrate cell membranes and cross the brain-blood barrier within SECONDS. This allows them to reach the emotional center of our brain, this is where all of our emotions are stored. Essential oils support the body to come back into balance without harmful side effects or chemical based products. They can have a powerful influence on how we think, how we feel and how we behave. Because of oils bringing balance to emotions, we can do that simply through smelling them, through scents.

Our emotions are felt in the limbic system of the brain. The limbic system is greatly affected by smell which is why essential oils are so beneficial in healthy emotions. By diffusing them, applying them topically, and just inhaling from the bottle you can benefit your emotions.

I personally decided I wanted to get off my antidepressants because I didn't like some of the side effects I was having and I felt like I was in a place where I could safely wean off them with the support of essential oils and supplements that would support my entire body in the process. Before going off my medication, I tried some different essential oils to see if I could see some differences in my emotions and thoughts. I was having anxiousness and racing thoughts one day and instead of just "dealing" as I have for so long I grabbed my Stress Away and Valor, two blends from Young Living and put them on my wrists and took some deep breaths and I could feel my body calming down and my mind quieting. I could cry with relief.

These oils really work, and that's why I want everyone to know and have access to them.