Upcoming Races In Minneapolis

Upcoming Races In Minneapolis

Get your run on with these fun events!

7
Upcoming Races In Minneapolis

Running is usually exhausting and quite difficult for most people, but training and accomplishing a race is exhilarating. The adrenaline rush and satisfaction you feel is something that you truly can't feel anywhere else. Here is a quick list of fun, athletic events throughout Minnesota to get you motivated to sign up and start training! Bonus points: grab a friend to train/race with and strengthen your friendship 10x more.

August 8th: Brewery Running Series at 612 Brew

"One of our bigger events of the year, join us for a Brew-run-ery of a time. Live music on the expansive patio, along with yard games, food truck, and SIX in your hand after a nice run through Nordeast' = AWESOME!" Find more information at their website: http://breweryrunningseries.com/

August 15th: 811 Run/Walk at Lake Calhoun

"The 811 Run returns to Minnesota on 8.15.15 to promote calling 811 before any digging project. All proceeds from the 811 Run will go to Firefighters Operation Warm, an organization that provides warm winter coats to children in need. The 5K run/walk will take place around beautiful Lake Calhoun at 8:11 AM followed by a kids fun run. After the race, there will be an awards ceremony, prize giveaway and safety fair for the family. Whether you're a runner, walker, or supporter of this great cause, stop out and help us save a life. All runners/walkers receive free locates for life!" For more information, contact Whitney Price at wprice@rhinomarkers.com.

August 22: Run Row Drink

"There will be two waves of participants. First wave will be at 9:30am and second wave begins at 10am. Each participant will receive a shirt and one free beer at Boom Island. Race starts at Boom Island in North Minneapolis, and runs to Studio ME Fitness on St. Anthony Main, where participants must row a set distance, before running back to Boom Island. After the race, enjoy live music, purchase food and kick back a free beer. Prizes will be given to the first male and female that cross the finish line." Find more information at the Boom Island Brewing event page: http://boomislandbrewing.com/events/2015/run-row-d...

August 29th: Blondes vs Brunettes Twin Cities

"Help the Alzheimer’s Association Minnesota-North Dakota Chapter advance Alzheimer's care, services, programs and research by supporting the 3rd Annual Blondes vs. Brunettes® Twin Cities charity event. It promises to deliver an intense rivalry of blondes versus brunettes, blocking, sprinting and intercepting, all in the name of Alzheimer's." This event is free. Find more information at http://bvbtwincities.org.

September 1st: Minnesota Recovery Connection Rally Caps for Recovery

"This is a Minnesota Recovery Month event to express gratitude, convey hope and to celebrate all in recovery—family, friends, and everyone in our communities who help recovery happen." The event costs $15 but participants get a free hotdog. To add to the fun, the Twins will play the White Sox that night. http://www.minnesotarecovery.org