Untold Stories Of A Content Creator

Untold Stories Of A Content Creator

The Toast that never was.

5
Untold Stories Of A Content Creator

If you have ever wondered what it's like to be a content creator, it's fantastic! To have the opportunity to be creative and express myself and my ideas in a written platform is a wonderful experience. The team I am a part of is very helpful and supportive, making writing weekly all the more enjoyable. I just wish we would find more time to meet. If I really think about it, I don't even know what the majority of the people look like. I know them by their name, content, and photo. Since we are based at a university, everyone has classes, jobs, exams to study for, and of course content to write. It would be nice if we could find at least one day where the majority of us could meet, but I never realized how difficult this actually was.

There have been a few times in the past when we have tried to get together to study or go out for happy hour, but it seems like there is always something that comes up super last minute. I can't tell you how many times someone's car randomly broke down. Instead of getting together for a movie night, we got together trying to help fix the car. Its a blessing in disguise knowing that people are there to help when you need it the most; but that it take taping sticks together to get a cap that fell into the engine to actually get together, is kind of unfortunate. Additionally, it's as if traffic only hits when you need to be somewhere: 7pm on a normal day = no traffic, 7pm when you need to be somewhere = Disney lines are faster. As for me personally, I don't have a car to worry about it breaking down, traffic, and other stuff. No, instead I seem to only remember important assignments the day it's due. (I really need to write things down). Not to mention that on the weeks I get everything done in a timely matter, something happens to someone else.

It's like the universe hates us and has a secret middle school grudge on our team for being cooler than them; and I'm watching an episode of Rugrats where the universe is Angelica and our team is everyone else, trying to escape and have fun. Meanwhile I'm just sitting here like Dil Pickles who has no idea what's going on and is just there being brought along for the ride and food. I cant tell you how many times I crave Avocado Toast from First Watch but the universe decides that everyone will be busy when I'm free to go. (For those of you who don't know, Avocado Toast is a gift from heaven that was created by the hands of angels.) I don't understand why I'm always hungry when others are busy; and I bet you are probably thinking, “Why don't you just go by yourself?” The answer is no, I won't. It's just not as fun; and my socially awkward self can't handle being alone for more than 5 minutes without spilling Chilli's Queso Dip all over myself.

Sometimes we try really hard to coordinate a date and time, changing it multiple times just to meet for a few hours. When we finally get a date and time set, I'll spend all day thinking about that Queso Dip at Chili's only to have the universe try to crush my dream hours before. Maybe the universe hates everything magical like Unicorns, Queso, and Avocados. Well not anymore! Finally after weeks and hours of planning and discussing, 3 of the 50+ people on our team were able to meet. Granted, 2 of the 3 I already knew, but that could not stop how much I was looking forward to being with everyone and that Queso Dip. The waiter may have taken forever to bring the cheese fries appetizer, however, that could not ruin the joyous moment we spend. I got full on the excitement of being outside my room and away from a textbook (and on bottom-less chips). Also, I was able to take some food home so I didn't have to cook the next day. (Score!) Not even the fact that we forgot to tell the waiter that it was someone's birthday and she successfully escaped from being embarrassed by the singing employees, could teardown the smile I had. The only horrible thing that happened that night was that I somehow managed to forget to order the Queso Dip. Ending the night with new memories made and a final question of: Will the rest of our creative team ever finally meet?