How To Be An Untalented Creator

How To Be An Untalented Creator

6
How To Be An Untalented Creator
pexels.com
"...And since you are a breath in God's sphere, and a leaf in God's forest, you too should rest in reason and move in passion."
-- Kahlil Gibran

Do you happen to be the type of person that is completely amazed and impacted by art and music, but not the type of person that can easily and passionately create art and music? Do you often wish that you were as "talented" and "artistic" as other human beings are? Do you ever wish that you could create something meaningful? Well, fret not, for you are most definitely creating things in life. In fact, you are creating things right now!

While it may seem as though you are not as much of an artist as those you admire most, you are still, nonetheless, as much of a creator as they are. Every second that you consciously decide to do something, you are creating the course of your own life, and that is remarkable.

Humans are often overcome with feelings of meaninglessness that can sometimes lead to a lack of productivity and sociability. While some people try to find purpose in shallow, materialistic paths of existence, others take this feeling as an incentive to consciously work to improve their lives. No matter which way you decide to deal with life, it is important to realize that only you create your reactions to situations and emotions.

While you may not be in control of the unforeseen occurrences of your life, you are most definitely in control of your reactions to those events. Your reaction to the unexpectedness of your life is half, if not more, of what defines you. Every time you react to something, you create your life, your own timeline!

To assume that you have no power to create things in life is to assume that you are a being without purpose. Whether you think purpose is given by God or made by individual humans, you must accept that the only way to find that purpose is to look for it. To ignore this responsibility is intellectually lazy and, in my opinion, a moral travesty. Whether you ignore the purpose given to you by God or become complacent with not pursuing your own purpose, you are failing to appreciate this one physical life that you were lucky enough to be put into.

No matter which situation you resonate most with, you must acknowledge that you have the ability to create a life that is most fulfilling to you. If you go through life blaming all of your meaninglessness on uncontrollable events, you will never get out of your cycle of despair and self-pity. Create your own joy and find what God has put in you that gives you the ability to have meaning. You are a creator by nature, and your art is what you make of this life.