The ABCs of The University of Oklahoma

The ABCs of The University of Oklahoma

C for unlimited Chick-fil-A

15
The ABCs of The University of Oklahoma
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:OU-Union-Evans-Bizzell.JPG

Who doesn't love OU? Here is our community ABCs that describes OU and Norman, enjoy!

A. Adderall

So many students use Adderall when it's midterms or finals. It's the "norm" for a lot of universities but please be safe!

B. Biz

The Biz is famous (1) for its beautiful architecture and (2) for everyone actually being productive and studying inside.

C. Chick-fil-A

OU is the only university in the U.S. (and probably the world) that has unlimited CFA! Yum!!

D. Dale Hall

The worst building on campus, by far. If you know, you know.

E. E-mails

My OU email never pauses, so definitely unsubscribe from the things that you're not interested in. Otherwise, you'll end up with 1000 emails a week, I'm not kidding.

F. Football

We're known for our amazing football team, go Sooners!

G. Greek parties

Gotta have the parties on campus, am I right? Greek parties > dorm parties.

H. Harroz

OU's 15th president as of a few days ago, welcome president Harroz!

I. Intense professors

I've had some chill professors during my 4 years at OU, but the majority of them have been super intense. Like the syllabus is actually set in stone, PERIODT.

J. Jenkins parking garage

The infamous parking garage that is somehow always full and never has parking. So go park somewhere else unless you get to campus before 8:30 AM.

K. Killer exams

This might sound ridiculous but you'll thank me later. If you have time in your schedule and you can afford to do this- start studying for your exams weeks in advance because exams are hugeeee chunks of your final grade.

L. Lincoln Riley

The football coach that everyone is head over heels in love with. Had to give him his shoutout.

M. Museums

We have a few museums on campus for free like the Fred Jones museum for art and the Same Noble for science-related things. Go check them out if you ever have time.

N. Norman

Our campus is in Norman and we are in love with our town just as much as our university.

O. Organization

Always stay organized and on top of all your classes. Professors are notorious for changing assignment and test due dates around. So be prepared for anything basically. And if you think that you're not organized, you'll learn as you go.

P. Parking

As with any university that has parking problems, so does OU. But they're trying to add more spaces for commuters since like 80% of students live off-campus. If you can't make it early enough in the morning for a space in the parking garage, go park at duckpond.

Q. Quarterbacks

We have had two amazing and talented quarterbacks the past couple of years who became Heisman Trophy winners- Baker Mayfield and Kyler Murray!

R. Rainy days

When it rains in Norman, it pours so plan accordingly. I'm warning you.

S. Starbucks

We have a few different Starbucks locations on campus and all of them are always packed. Gotta get that quick coffee before class, just don't be late.

T. Tours

We always have a lot of campus tours going on, no matter what time of the day, with all the prospective students and their families.

U. Ubers

Around Campus Corner, we have tons of Ubers/Lyfts in case you need a ride anywhere.

V. Visiting

If you have a chance to visit OU, even if you're not a student- do it because our campus is so beautiful and it's so nice walking on campus when there's not that many people around. It's like it's own little world.

W. Walking

With such a big campus you'll basically either be walking everywhere or riding your bike everywhere, so come prepared.

X. Xanax

The amount of times I've heard people talk about Xanax is insane. With college comes a lot of stress, I get it.

Y. yOU

We'd love to have you on campus or in Norman!

Z. ZZZ's for sleep

College students don't get much sleep during the semester so just please be nice to us. We have a lot going on and have to multitask a lot, spread kindness.