This is the Universe Calling, Please Answer

Signs that you should be taking a chance

117
Wikipedia

"This is the Universe talking, I'm right here and I'm sending you all kinds of signs about what the hell you should be doing with your life."

I was getting this message, over and over and over. The Universe was trying to call me and I was declining the calls every time, sending it to voicemail. There have been a lot of times when I've really wanted something but I've been afraid to let myself have it, even if everything in life seems to be screaming at me "PLEASE TAKE THIS OPPORTUNITY!" Recently though, I finally decided to listen to all of the signs I'd been ignoring.

I was walking back to my dorm with some friends, and I had been thinking about how much I missed being around theatrical people and having rehearsals to go. I wanted to be involved in something creative, something that involved performing. A sign caught my eye as I passed one of the kiosks on campus, advertising auditions for an all female improv comedy group on campus. I almost walked right by it, but something made me stop. I ended up deciding right there that I was going to audition, a day before auditions were held.

Once I made that decision, I started to see more signs everywhere. I got on Facebook and the first thing I saw was an advertisement for the auditions, I got on Netflix and the first ten suggestions were all female comedians, I was finding little coincidences throughout my whole day that led me to the same conclusion: take the leap, do the audition.

So I did. And it was great. And I'm thinking that maybe the Universe is onto something here. Maybe I should stop ignoring all the things telling me to go for something I want and start listening to that inner voice that's saying "Girl, you've got this." Maybe I should stop feeling silly for thinking that the coincidences in my life are all adding up to one thing that I've had in the back of my mind but have been too scared to go after.

If you're noticing a pattern in your life, maybe it's a study abroad location you see literally everywhere that you've always wanted to visit, or maybe it's a million reasons why you should finally let yourself have that one thing you want- be it your favorite food on a whim, or an opportunity to do something, or a relationship- don't let all of those signs go unnoticed. It's time to leap. It's time to let yourself have the life you want.

The Universe is calling, and this time I'm answering.