Best rides at Universal Orlando

The 8 Rides You Need To Experience At Universal Orlando

These are the rides you should definitely consider going on while visiting Universal.

87
universal orlando

Universal is one of the biggest and most popular amusement parks to visit in Orlando, Florida. Even though Disney World can be amazing, if you have older kids or are a huge Harry Potter fan, you may decide to visit Universal instead. It has Harry Potter World, which is themed after the movies and books, amazing 4D rides, roller coasters, water rides and restaurants to visit!

There's so much to do that it can be hard to decide what rides Universal are the best. Here are the eight that you HAVE to check out!

1. Harry Potter and The Escape From Gringotts

This ride is a must for anyone who's a huge fan of Harry Potter! You can find the ride inside the Gringotts bank, and when you are in line for the ride you will see beautiful scenery that looks exactly like the bank in the movies. Even though the ride is an indoor roller coaster, it's still considered a family attraction since there is only one drop or fast part in the ride. There is a 30-foot drop in the beginning, but this is only at the very beginning. The rest of the ride uses 3D screens that reenact scenes from the movie while also splitting the track at times. The ride is definitely worth checking out, so if the line isn't too long, you should consider going on this ride while you're in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

2. Harry Potter And The Forbidden Journey

Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey is a very fun, in-depth ride that is great for anyone who enjoys 4D experiences or is a fan of the movies or books! It's easy to find — it's located inside the Hogwarts castle! While waiting in line, you can see scenery of the Hogwarts castle, and it makes you feel like you're inside the movies. You can even see a hologram of Harry, Hermione and Ron from the movies.

The ride itself is amazing! You sit in seats that move and take you to a screen where it simulates you flying with Harry Potter. You also see animatronics of dementors and props of other scenes from the movie. It's one of the best rides to go on for a 4D experience at Universal!

3. The Incredible Hulk Coaster

If you love roller coasters, then you will love The Incredible Hulk Coaster! It's the fastest roller coaster in Universal and reaches speeds up to 67 mph. It also has seven inversions, including two corkscrews! When you first go on the ride, it launches you inside a tunnel from 0 to 40 mph. In addition, when you go in line to wait, you walk through a really cool set and props that make you feel as though you are inside the comic books for the Incredible Hulk. So if you wish to go on a thrill ride, then you need to try The Incredible Hulk Coaster! Trust me, you won't regret it!

4. The Simpson's Ride

When I first went to Universal, I didn't consider this ride as one of the best 4D rides in the park. However, when I decided to go on the ride, I was shocked to find out that I was wrong. The Simpson's Ride is an amazing 4D experience that simulates going on a fast roller coaster. You are in a separate room and sit in a huge car with a big screen. The ride tricks your brain into thinking you are on a real roller coaster, and it gives you the same thrill! It is so much fun, and I recommend it to anyone who loves 4D rides!

5. Jurassic Park River Adventure

If you love water rides, you are in for a treat! Even though this ride doesn't get you as wet as some of the other rides in Universal, it is still a fun water ride. One thing that you should know before going on this ride is that it features an 85 foot drop at the end of the ride, which is bigger than the Dudley Do Right's Ripsaw Falls, another water ride at Universal.

When I first went on this ride, I had no idea that it would have a huge drop at the end and thought that the ride was a family attraction. Boy was I wrong! I was surprised when towards the end, I was led up a huge ramp and dropped down an 85-foot drop. Although I was initially terrified, I thought that the drop was intense and made the ride a lot of fun. However, if you don't enjoy intense rides, then this ride may not be for you.

6. Revenge Of The Mummy

If you loved the movie "The Mummy," then you will love the ride based off the movie! It's an indoor roller coaster that first starts off mild where it shows props and fire along with the Mummy that terrorizes you on the ride. However, it quickly changes when it launches you into darkness, then you run into a wall where it simulates bugs crawling down the wall, then launches you backwards.

There a lot of launches in the ride where it can go from 0 to 40 mph in two seconds. The best part of the ride is at the end where it drops you 39 feet, which the highest drop on the ride. If this sounds too intense, then this ride may not be for you. However, it's a very fun ride for thrill seekers and has amazing special effects!

7. The Amazing Adventures Of Spider-Man

If you happen to go to Marvel Super Hero Island, which is in Islands of Adventure park at Universal, you should check out the Spider-Man ride. This is a must-see ride for any Marvel fans or anyone who enjoys 4D experiences! When you go on the ride, it takes you in a huge car that moves on a track to a screen where you see Spider-Man battle against some of his arch nemeses including Dr. Octopus, Hydro-Man, Hobgoblin, Electro and Scream. The 4D experience is amazing, and it is definitely worth the wait in line!

8. Transformers: The Ride 3D

The Transformer's ride is a fun ride for anyone who doesn't want to ride a huge thrill ride. The Transformers ride is one of the best 4D experiences in the park where you go inside a car and the seat moves with the screen that gives an IMAX sort of experience. You get to see the characters from the "Transformers" movie, and it's a very fun thrilling ride!

However, when I went on the ride there was a very long line, which took the fun out of things since the ride is short in length and the building where you wait isn't air conditioned. So, if the ride has too long of a line, I would recommend going on a different ride instead.

If you are going to Universal Orlando this summer, you should check out these rides! There is so much to do at Universal, and the rides make the trip worth it! Whether you're a thrill seeker or enjoy tamer rides, Universal has all different types that will match your preferences.