United As A Country, Separated By Beliefs

We are one nation, and it is time we started acting like it.

20
Lipton Sale

Our world today is way too touchy-feely. Every time I turn my head, I hear about how someone is upset about someone else’s opinion. No one can talk freely anymore because someone else might just get their feelings hurt—it’s a sad world to live in when I can’t discuss politics, news, religion, or even my future child’s gender. I, for one, am sick and tired of this, and I will not be shamed into keeping my thoughts to myself because most people around me don’t agree with what I have to say. This is your TRIGGER WARNING!

I believe in God.

I like gender roles.

I think abortion is wrong.

There are only two genders.

Gays should be able to have a legally binding marriage.

I voted for President Trump.

Blue lives matter.

I think everyone should stand for the National Anthem.

I believe in the right to bear arms.

I hate progressive taxing.

Welfare recipients should be drug tested.

Illegal aliens should not be permitted in the country.

Are you mad yet? You shouldn’t be. There isn’t one argument that you could make that would change my mind on any of my beliefs. But still, you want to debate with me, fight with me, and argue with me. You want to see who could win this argument, but the real catch is that neither of us is going to win. You are going to leave believing in what you believe in, and I am going to leave believing in what I believe in.

My thoughts on abortion will not stop you from getting one — I am not going to talk you out of it. My vote for Trump takes nothing from your vote of another party — we do not have to discuss it. Blue lives matter doesn’t take away the importance of everyone else’s lives — we do not need to fight. We all have different beliefs. We were all raised in different parts of the country, and some, in different parts of the world. But when we are citizens of the same country. We are not the North versus South. We are not black versus white. We are not conservative versus liberal.

We are one nation, under God. We are the United States of America, not the separated states. I am sorry if you do not like my opinions, but I will be damned if I will be shamed for voicing them in a free country because I do mean when I stand and say:

”I pledge allegiance, to the Flag, of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation, under God, indivisible with liberty and justice for all.”

God bless America.