Our Unexpected Visitor

Our Unexpected Visitor

How God graced our family with a woman in need of love and guidance.

19
Our Unexpected Visitor
Widescreen Wallpapers
"The Struggle you're enduring today is developing the strength you need for tomorrow"

Life can be tough. We all have experienced some sort of trauma or hard time that has kicked us down and knocked us off our feet. About a month ago, one of my best friends experienced one of the hardest weeks of her life. Because of family issues and the struggles of trying to get accepted into college and finding a job, she didn’t know how she was going to continue on with how she was living her life. Every day felt the same, like she was continuing on with the same thing every day and never making any progress toward a better life. All of the stress and the drama ended up getting so bad that she didn’t know what else to do or who else to turn to. In the county she was living in, there were no jobs, no friends and no one to turn to when she needed it the most.

After talking it through with my parents, we decided that the best thing to do was to allow her to live in our house for a little while until she was able to get back on her feet and start living on her own. It was tough for my parents to endure. I mean, yeah, they were helping some girl get her life back on track, but they were also letting someone live in their house who they never really knew until a couple of months ago. They were terrified, but they knew that it was the best decision to make because this girl needed their help, their parental guidance, and she needed it fast.

Ever since she moved into our house about two weeks ago, her life has already drastically changed for the better. In one week, she was able to find a job at Little Caesar's and has already been promoted to Assistant Manager. She also put in an application to Brenau University and is hopefully awaiting her acceptance letter into the nursing program at one of the best women’s colleges in the United States. I am so proud of the progress she has made and the path she is choosing to follow now that she is able to get her life back on track.

This woman is one of the strongest people I have ever met. She’s been through so much in her life and still never ceases to amaze me at the things she can accomplish daily. Ever since living with us, she has been able to get a job, focus on college and repair her relationship with Christ. This article of appreciation and inspiration goes to not only my best friend, but also to my parents as well. Thank you so much for accepting my best friend into our family and taking her in as your own. I know it was a difficult decision, but you guys don’t understand how much you are changing this girl’s life right now. She needed a family, but more importantly she needed parents who would love her and be there for her through her life. You guys stepped up and accepted the challenge of being there for her when she needed it the most and, because of that, her life has turned around drastically. So thank you, from the bottom of my heart. Because of you, this girl feels like her life has a purpose. She will forever remember what you did for her life and will always be grateful for everything you’ve helped her through.

And to our unexpected visitor: Keep up the good work. I’m so proud of everything you have accomplished so far and for everything you’re going to accomplish in the future. Just remember, your life does have a purpose and you’re heading down the right path. I can’t wait to endure life’s challenges with you and watch you grow as a person and as a Christ follower. You’re inspirational and one of a kind. You can do anything you put your mind to and I know you’re bound to do amazing things in your life.