5 Most Underrated Sports People Should Consider Watching

The common five sports that are underrated.

431

There are sports that get more attention than others. That is because of the amount emphasis that people put on particular sports. There are some sports that are underrated because some people don't understand the sports or they think that it is just boring. Today I am going to address some of the things that people say about the common five sports that I think are underrated.

1. Golf

Golf is so underrated as a sport. I have heard all kinds of reasons why people don't watch golf. They say it's boring and hard to watch, it takes too long for a round to be played, and no one can watch golf for 3 hours. As a person who watches a lot of golf, I can offer some insight into the sport.

The people who say golf is boring I have found don't know about golf. They don't understand the scoring or they don't know a lot of the golfers. It is easier to find a golfer or golfers and follow them. I found it easier to watch once I found golfers (86 to be exact) to follow and watch.

2. Racing

There are many forms of racing; NASCAR, INDYCAR, IMSA, F1, etc. If a person really understood and looked there is a type of racing for everyone. If you like a variety of racing or racing tracks than INDYCAR is the type of racing for you. If you like road courses and street courses than F1 and IMSA is the racing for you. If you like motorcycles, guess what Moto GP is the racing for you. It is an intense and exciting form of racing using motorcycles. There is also supercross which is also as cool as Moto GP.

I know that people believe that racing is too long but if you think about it all sports are over 2 hours longs (I.e., football and basketball). Once you find a type of racing that you like or find interesting it is easier to watch racing. The time does not mean anything because if you think about it all sports are long. If you use they go round in circles all day, well basketball and football run up and down a court or field all day. It is the same amount of strategy and mental preparedness that goes into racing like any other sport.

3. Hockey

Yes, hockey. Unfortunately and fortunately it has to compete with football and basketball. Not just professional football and basketball, but also college basketball and football. Hockey is another sport that can be long. If you don't live in the big cities than it gets hard for the hockey teams to compete.

Hockey is a fun sport because of the exciting play and the rivalries in hockey. There are a lot of rivalries from the Original Six to division/conference rivalries.

There is not only ice hockey, but also field hockey. Field hockey does not get enough recognition because people commonly confuse it with lacrosse. Its nothing like lacrosse, it more like ice hockey in a sense that there is a good amount of body contact in field hockey as well.

4. Baseball

Baseball takes TOO LONG!!! But baseball is action packed and has great rivalries. As a person who grew up in Connecticut, I know rivalry. The rivalries within New York and the rivalry with Boston. As a person who had two older brothers who played baseball, it has been my whole life. I can honestly say that baseball can be fun and interesting. You have learned about the sport and pick a team, and once you do that you will enjoy it.

5. Archery

I know what everyone thinks when they hear archery, summer camp. But as a competitive sport, it is actually really fun. From the longbow to the compound and recurve bow, the sport, which you learn how to play, is really fun and entertaining. The scoring and the technique of the sport is pretty self-explanatory.

There are a ton of sports that are underrated, but these are the five common ones that I hear people talk about. People do not watch these sports because they do not understand the sport or they are not aware of the most popular people in sports.

I know when I first started watching and following these five sports I looked up with are the most popular people in that particular sport. I found the team or player that I liked in each of these sports and fell in love with the sport. I am a person who loves all sports (I have to in order to fit into my family), it just these sports get a bad rep and I wanted to address it.