Fly Underdogs Fly, On The Road To Victory

The underdogs that are defying the odds.

99
Andrew Salmi

Losing key players like Carson Wentz, Darren Sproles, and Jason Peters; many thought the Philadelphia Eagle's season would be over. Fans were doubtful about the rest of the season's destiny with backup quarterback Nick Foles taking over, yet the team remained focused and embraced the name... Underdog.

After an Eagles win against the Atlanta Falcons in the playoffs, Lane Johnson, sported a dog mask and broke out in barks. A statement that meant "Yes, we are the underdogs, and we are fine with that." I don't even think it was a PR stunt, it was a way for the Eagles to stay motivated amidst being underestimated. This began a whole new mantra for fans as dog masks were sold out on Amazon within hours.

Game attendees were encouraged to wear their creepy dog masks at the Lincoln Financial Field on Sunday evening against the Minnesota Vikings. This ultimately was a true testament that let the players know their fans were still behind them, cheering them on every step of the way. A 38-7 victory in the NFC Championship allowed the Birds to claim a spot in Super Bowl 52 on February 4th.

Eagles fans took their rowdy celebrations to Broad Street and partied into the wee hours of the morning. Should we [ever] expect anything less? There was even a bride and groom partaking in the festivities!

Police officers baby proofed the city knowing that the Eagles have such a reckless and devoted fan base. See No One Likes Us We Don't Care Song if you are unclear. Business owners were informed to put outside items away incase of vandalism and use plastic cups instead of glasses at bars. They even went as far as lathering poles with Crisco to prevent climbing. The "Crisco" Cops are 0-1 against a few dedicated Eagles fans, who despite the Crisco, still climbed the poles.

The last time the Philadelphia Eagles went to the Super Bowl was in 2005. They lost 24-21. Who was their opponent? None other than the New England Patriots. Ex-coach Andy Reid and now retired players Donovan McNabb, Terrell Owens, Brian Dawkins, Jeremiah Trotter fell short against Tom Brady and his squad. So this isn't just any other Super Bowl that happens on the first Sunday in February each year, this is a rematch. The New England Patriots versus the Philadelphia Eagles. The "GOAT" versus the Underdogs.

The Eagles are going to pour so much blood, sweat, and tears into this game. They are going to play aggressive without a doubt, just like they did in the Vikings matchup. There is no room for timidness or hesitation or error. The Patriots do not scare the Underdogs.

The Eagles will be respected win or lose because they have earned the right to be there, and have put forth all of their efforts in order to defy the odds.