Unconventional Methods To Prepare For Finals

Sometimes reviewing your notes just isn't enough.

27
Psychology in Action

It's no secret that finals can be stressful. It's also known that everybody learns in different ways. For those of you who have a hard time studying just by going over notes, I have compiled a list of suggestions to help you study. Good luck on your finals!

1. Shred your textbook

Now bear with me, most professionals wouldn’t suggest shredding your textbook for any reason. I thoroughly believe that if you shred your textbook and eat it, you will absorb the knowledge. You never know more biology than when you eat it as a salad.

2. Threats

Make a deal with your friends. If you don’t finish two pages in an hour, have them force you to drink a gallon of milk.

3. Tattoo

Time for a nice little stick and poke. Tattoo useful equations and definitions on your arm for the test. I would only recommend this for classes in your major, as this information will be on your arms for a very long time.

4. Flash card drinking game

This one is simple. You take a drink for every question you get wrong.

5. Slither.io

I’ve been addicted to an online game called "Slither.io" for the past couple weeks. (Refer to one of my previous articles) This method is recommended for foreign language classes. What you will have to do is change your nickname to reflect terms that you need to remember. You will certainly be doing productive studying and not wasting time. I promise.

6. Bath time

Take a bath with your textbook. You will literally soak up the information.

7. For online submissions

If you have to submit a final online, there is only one option. Destroy every single wi-fi router on campus. That way none of your other classmates will be able to submit their work and your professor will likely extend the deadline.

8. Morse Code

Instead of traditionally studying for your finals, you and your friends need to learn Morse code. During the test you will then be able to communicate with your friends through a series of coughs and taps.

9. Notes on the ceiling

Similar to the Morse code idea, you need to utilize your resources in the classroom. People never look at ceilings! Just show up to your test really early and tape your notes to the ceiling. Your professor may not think anything of you looking at the ceiling, they may just assume that you are reevaluating your life choices.

10. Buy your grades

Let’s say that you plan to not study at all. Respectable, but you need to do something to ensure you don’t fail the class. Assess a good amount of money and slide it into your test booklet before turning in your test. Be careful with this method, you don’t want to underestimate the value of an A on the final. However, chances are your professor will be shocked by your confidence and give you whatever you want.

11. Fire break

Okay, so you’ve spent every single study day either turning up or playing useless time consuming computer games. Now you are taking the test and you have no idea what is happening. As a last resort, go to the bathroom and pull the fire alarm. The commotion will give you more time to throw in some last minute studying for your test. If you’re concerned about getting in trouble for falsely pulling a fire alarm, start a small contained fire in the bathroom. Additionally, in the event of a real fire, there will be even more time for you to improve your grade.