Why I Unapologetically Support Donald Trump

Because I shouldn't feel ashamed for having my own opinion

30

Why?

1. Because I am entitled to exercise my First Amendment right.

Just because you may not agree with my opinion, absolutely does not take away from the validity of the statement that everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Everyone has their different reasons for thinking what they want to think. In fact, It’s a beautiful phenomenon that everyone has the capability to think differently from one another. I’m proud of the fact that I am able to think differently from my peers and I have every right, like everyone else, to display my opinions as long as it doesn’t infringe upon the rights of others.

So the one thing I ask Hillary supporters to do before passing criticism on Trump supporters, is that you keep in mind what I have just said. Please recognize that not everyone thinks the same way you do and that like you, more likely than not, we also have our own reasons for supporting our political candidate. We don’t need your stamp of approval. You might absolutely despise Trump and everything that he stands for, but trust me, we feel the same way about Hillary Clinton. But you openly criticizing us for our opinion isn’t going to change the way we think, in fact it will probably only strengthen our reasons.

2. Because I don't want someone who is either incompetent or a flat-out liar representing me and my country.

Any average civilian who would have committed the crimes that Hillary committed would be in jail at this point. But then again, I suppose the words “average citizen” are the key words there because apparently, Hillary’s exempt from the law. Because she didn’t know that the letter “C” stood for confidential during her tenure as secretary of state. As a person who graduated from Yale Law, I’m going to go ahead and draw the conclusion that Hillary Clinton isn’t in fact incompetent so I’m going to have to conclude the latter.

Quite frankly, I don’t trust someone in political power who isn’t always considering the best interest of our country. Especially someone who was given great power and responsibility over this country and completely abused this power. And I certainly don’t trust someone who should be rotting in jail for the federal crimes pertaining to national security said person committed but in turn, got off scott-free because of their stature and fortune.

People might say that Trump might be incompetent in the political realm, and while I do think that he lacks experience as a political leader, he does make up for it in other aspects. Plus, you can always teach a person new skills. But in Hillary’s case, you can never change someone’s root moral and ethical values.

3. Because actions speak louder than words do.

As much flack Donald Trump has has gotten for the words that have come out of his mouth, we have to remember that these are just words. Though I do believe words do carry weight to them, and I am in no way supporting some of the vile things which he has said, I also believe that actions speak volumes louder than words. While Trump has gotten criticized for some of the things he has said, where the heck is the liberal media criticizing Hillary for some of the horrible things which she has done?!

You think Trump disrespects women? How about some of the things Hillary has actively done to repress, threaten, and disrespect women?

Lets first start with the funds that Hillary graciously accepted from Saudi Arabia and Qatar. Countries which make an effort to repress women and not to mention, gay people. Countries that believe that it’s okay to stone a woman to death for the fact that she speaks out against her husband. Countries which suppress and discriminate against women. Countries which do not support the same ideals which Hillary apparently claims to support. What was so important to Hillary that she could look past these basic human right violations and accept this tainted money? Clearly money speaks louder than ethics do in this situation.

I’m also confused how those of you crying about how Trump is sexist are the same group of people that support Hillary and her efforts to suppress the women who were threatening to call Bill Clinton out on his fowl play, sexual harassment, and infidelity. The fact that Hillary threatened the many women trying to come clean not only screams injustice but also corruption and her inability to handle troublesome situations honestly. But then again, I don’t think that the word honesty is even in Hillary’s vocabulary. During her husband's infidelity scandal, Hillary Clinton dismissively labeled Monica Lewinsky as a “narcissistic loony toon”. And in the words of Juanita Broaddrick, a woman who accused President Bill Clinton of assault, "Bill Clinton raped me, and Hillary Clinton threatened me. I don't think there's any comparison”. Lets remember now, this is the same exact person who said that “every survivor of sexual assault deserves to be heard, believed, and supported”. But hey, apparently the same sentiment doesn’t apply when talking about Hillary’s personal life. Funny how that works. She's truly the proclaimed champion of women she's made herself out to be.

4. Because Hillary Clinton can't even give a straight answer when asked to.

Remember debate II? Well lets just say that throughout, Hillary was more concerned about making her agenda known to the public than she was about answering the question. After being asked question after question and not quite answering them, I felt like she just had to sneak in “oh and don’t forget to check out my website”. I mean honestly, I think the last question summarized how the debate went in it’s entirety.

For those of you that missed it, the question was “What is one characteristic which you find admirable in your opponent”? Though I think that this question is somewhat childish, I must admit, it is hard to commend someone you don’t like. But that was the point of this exercise. The actual question might come across as somewhat silly, but the goal of the question was to show how each candidate would handle a situation when it called for diplomacy. It tested whether the candidates were able to put aside personal feelings for one another and think quickly, honestly, and diplomatically. Trump gave a brief answer about how he admired Hillary for her persistence and how she isn’t a quitter but Hillary on the other hand, failed miserably on this question. She couldn’t even answer it! Instead of pointing out a characteristic about Donald Trump which she thought was admirable, she went on to talk about how she thought his children were great. Hillary, saying that you think Trump has great kids isn’t a characteristic relating to Trump. And then she went on to talk about her personal agenda which was completely unnecessary and unrelated. If you weren’t able to make it known what your plans were if elected president throughout the debate, then it’s quite clear that your communication skills are lacking. But unsurprisingly, this was the general trend throughout the debate.

5. Because America is a business.

Love it or hate it, but our society is a society that is controlled by capitalism. In the past, it was our financial standing that made us a world leader and put us on the world stage in the first place. To say Trump isn’t qualified to run this country because he’s a business man instead of a politician, is a huge joke. In fact, it’s so comical I have to ask myself what on Earth makes these people think that America isn’t a business. It’s what America was built on. Freedom and capitalism.

In fact, I don’t see anyone other than a successful businessman as a better candidate to run this country. There is no law baring the participation of citizens in the presidential race due to their occupation. In fact, having someone with a fresh perspective in a different realm of expertise is something which I would say should be more welcomed and encouraged. If we’re sick of career politicians making laws in felids which they have absolutely zero expertise in, why do we not encourage people from different professions to take part of our government. Just because politicians know the ins and outs of the law, absolutely does not mean that they know how to operate a business or what’s in the best interest of our education system or health care system.