8 Different Types Of Teachers You've Probably Encountered And Feel Some Type Of Way About

They try to understand all of the hip lingo like ‘lit’, ‘dope’, and ‘shade’.

82
Youtube

After being in school for over twelve years now, I feel like I have been exposed to many types of teachers. These may not be all of the different types of teachers, but I’m sure that everyone can relate to most of these, if not all.

1. The weird one

This teacher is so weird that you can’t help but laugh at them, even when they’re not trying to make a joke or maybe they are trying to make a joke, but the funny part is how hard they’re trying. Sometimes, you can’t help but wonder if they know how awkward they are.

2. The mom teacher

These are the ones who are so cool, funny, and relatable that you wish they were your mom. They try to understand all of the hip lingo like ‘lit’, ‘dope’, and ‘shade’. One of mine even had our class analyze the lyrics to Cardi B’s song, “Bodak Yellow”. I think that was one of my favorite moments, watching her write out “Hey Lil bitch, you can’t fuck with me” on the chalkboard.

3. The teachers you want to get married

Even though they insist that they have their own significant others, you can’t help but hope they end up together. They’re so cute and everyone secretly ‘ships’ them.

4. The teachers with a bromance

These two guy teachers are #goals. They usually teach in the same department and are constantly butting into each other’s classes. They never stop making fun of each other, even when the other one isn’t around. It’s just known that they are super best friends and everyone knows that they like to crack open a cold one on the weekends together. On spirit days, they also probably either coordinate outfits or try to one-up each other.

5. The strict one

Everyone had one of these. They never let you talk in class and yell at you constantly for even digging in your backpack. These were usually substitutes too, which was even worse because they made you miss your real teacher.

6. The way too personal one

These teachers are way too personal and giving with details of their lives. They usually spend a decent chunk of each class talking about their life. My friends and I liked to call this the “Life Updates” Segment. There were also probably a few instances where this teacher ended up crying and everyone stared at each other, not knowing what to do about it.

7. The encyclopedia teacher

These teachers are so impressive and dedicated. They know everything about what they’re teaching and don’t even need to look at their slides while lecturing. It’s truly inspiring how much they love their job and they even made me take a second glance into my own aspirations in life.

8. The lazy one

This teacher has probably been working for way too long and just wants their tenure already/to retire. They may or may not read off their slides and give you no further information. Often, these are the worst classes because even though there’s not a lot of work to do, you need to teach yourself basically the whole course.