An Open Thank You Letter To My Parents

An Open Thank You Letter To My Parents

"The love between parents and a child is, Always and Forever"

240
An Open Thank You Letter To My Parents
https://odysseyimages.s3.amazonaws.com/cropped_S1QN4mLxG.jpeg

Mom and Dad, I just want to start this off by saying thank you. I honestly don’t know where I would be or be doing if I didn’t have your constant love and support. I know that I’m not very verbal with expressing how much I love you both, but there is nothing in this world that I love more than the two of you. 

Going off to college was a big deal for me, and when you finally moved me in, I felt my heart start to break. Throughout my childhood, I enjoyed spending my time with you both and the rest of the family. So when I left for school that day, I wasn’t sure how I would be able to handle myself. Thankfully with social media and technology we’re able to talk to each other every day, and trust me when I say it I use it to my advantage every chance I get. Thank you so much for answering all twenty of my phone calls daily and for the many texts I send throughout the day.

Whenever something bothers me, or when I just need an excuse to not make eye contact with someone walking in the opposite direction as me, I know that the both of you will always be willing to talk to me even if it’s just for a few seconds. I look forward to our daily phone calls and text messages because that it what helps me transition into school better.

I look forward to every break and vacation because that means I can see the two of you and just enjoy myself with good company. Thank you for caring for me even when I can be difficult to deal with. Throughout the months I’ve been away, I’ve learned to appreciate everything you’ve done for me a little bit more each day. Throughout all of my daily activities, I think about how the two of you would react in the situation or just the things you would do to make things easier. Since I’ve been at school, I’ve been helping people with a great span of activities, whether it be laundry, cooking, homework or just taking care of my friends. I wouldn’t be able to do all of these things if the two of you didn’t teach me how to do all of these things growing up.

I had the best childhood growing up, in the best town surrounded by the best company. I don’t know what I would be doing if I didn’t have the two of you guiding me in the right direction and for pushing me to succeed in everything I do. Thank you for holding me through every tear and every moment of uncertainty as I questioned my ability to fight through another hardship. Throughout my life I’ve been involved in so many different activities that I knew I was able to count on you for coming to see and cheer me on. Whether it was kick line, band, soccer or more, you were always there being my number one fans. Believe me when I say I wouldn’t be where I am today if it weren’t for the undying love and support you have unconditionally given me. My successes over the last 18 years are based on the fact that you have always given me the courage and motivation to be my absolute best. In times of weakness, you have given me strength. You have unselfishly put my needs before your own, and you are the reason I’ve become who I am.

Mom and Dad, every day I wake up and every night I go to sleep and I thank god that he gave me the two of you as parents. There’s nothing better than being able to call myself the daughter of two very hardworking, smart, loving and the absolute best parents anyone has ever seen. I thank god that I was given 4 amazing siblings and the two of you. I hope I continue to make the two of you proud as I grow up. Because I love you. And I hope this letter expresses how much I really mean when I say those words to you.

Love,

Your thankful daughter