Yes, Two Best Friends Are Better Than One

A deeper understanding of why having two best friends works wonders; there are so many beneficial aspects but here are a few.

190
Pixels Talk

Throughout elementary school and high school, I've always heard that it is impossible to have two best friends; that having one is mandatory.

Well, little ones, I'm in college now and I'm calling the shots. I met one of my best friends in 7th grade and my other best friend in 10th grade. Both individuals have no relation to each other... But to get to the point, I have two best friends and it is by far the best thing in the world. This is for you, Sarahi & Jennifer!

There are twice as many secrets.

I live for gossip and other people's secrets; I'm the best at forever holding onto them because I honestly forget an hour after I am told. Nonetheless, I feel proud that I have two people close to me that have trust in me to hold on to their every word and never slip their darkest doings. Me on the other hand, I'm pretty much an open book and don't often have secrets, but when I do, telling two people seems to satisfy my hunger for attention. Trust is such a significant part of friendships and it's special to find one person worth giving that too; being able to disclose yourself to two separate people is exceptionally gratifying.

Two additional heartwarming families.

I have my immediate family but I also have two additional families that accept me and treat me as their own child when I am around. It's comforting to know that if worse case scenario happens that I may need a place to stay or other crucial assistance, I have two willing families to bring me under their wings. I find it fun to go over to my best friend's house and not have to knock on their door, but just walk in and say "Hi, Mom!" without hesitation. I love family parties too because there is familiarity with extended family and it's not uncomfortable to walk past a group of people just to go to the bathroom. Also, I can't tell you how many gifts from Mexico I've gotten from my best friend's mom.

Birthday's are twice as special.

Birthday celebrations have been great fun because I don't only get to party once a year for a best friend, but twice a year for both of my best friends. Not to mention my birthday too!!!! Twice the attention is always appreciated... and I guess two of the best gifts (since they both know me better than I know me) are a bonus. -- This year is a little more special because I turn 21, which means I have two best friends to go crazy with! Making these memories with these two people have been such a delight and it's so special that I get to share such important life events with my two best friends.

Exposure to Different Perspectives

Both of my best friends have completely opposite personalities and views on life yet still tend to have one thing in common; to provide me with a whole different outlook on life. For instance, both of them have taught me together, to like the finer things in life within reason (Sarahi) but also to keep humble and stay classy (Jennifer). I do find it intriguing that I am able to juggle both individuals on a daily basis and still keep my sanity since keeping up with them can be conflicting at times.

Twice the informative feedback

Yes, I like to think of myself of as a strong independent women but even the most self-sufficient ones like or even need feedback. This helps an individual grow and demonstrate strengths that may not have been notice before. I have always thought two opinions are better than one, probably why I have two best friends, now that I think about it. Of course, most of the opinions are opposite and the feedback may clash *see above point for clarification* but this is expected and I'm able to formulate a clearer plan of attack on a given situation.

If none of these have persuaded you to go out and find a second best friend, then please read again and reconsider your choices. Thank you to my best friends for really sticking by me and giving me these 6 things to cherish and look forward to. Life would be completely different without you.