Television has changed within these past years.

TV Is Here To Stay But It Has Changed And Here Are Some Ways It's Viewed

Television has changed within these past years..

11

Television has changed within these past years, audiences all over have learned to embrace change with Television. Not only with how the TV looks, but with how the programs strategize nowadays. However, there was a time that the time of Television was a bit easier. Nowadays you do have your mass amounts of channels and it is kind of hard to keep up with all of them 24/7, but we certainly try. The Leading In method has been used with television programs. Game of Clones premiers on MTV, it has well known MTV stars in the preview of the show, so it is sure to grab viewers attention and makes them want to watch more which would be a benefit of Leading In. Downfalls to this method would be viewers only watching just this show and not other attention-grabbing shows. Stunting also is another method that occurs.

It actually just recently occurred with The Bachelor and the National Championship Game. Both programs started at 8, even though the game was heavily advertised on ABC prior to the game. However, the game was on ESPN at the same time as the show. The benefit of this strategy is that there are going to be more viewers watching each program that evening due to both of their popularity. The downfall to it is if those who want to watch The Bachelor now have to record it if they want to watch the game (which is what I did) and you will have more viewers, in general, watching the game because it is very anticipated across the board with both Alabama and Clemson (go tigers!).

And last the last method is Repetition, this has occurred with the movie, The Proposal. This movie will be shown on TV tomorrow at 7 and 10 pm, along with Thursday at 2, 5, and 11 am. So the benefit with this is that if you want to watch it, you have plenty of chances to do so. The downfall would be is that those other time slots could have been filled with other movies similar to the Proposal. I do think that most of these methods have been used on other channels with similar shows/movies. There will always be new shows premiering on TV, but it is up to the show's creators to understand the audience atmosphere and trends. So the audience flow is truly up in the air each week.