30 Signs You Are A Hardcore TV Fan

30 Signs You Are A Hardcore TV Fan

Fangirls and fanboys of the world, this is for you.

222
30 Signs You Are A Hardcore TV Fan
viralscape

We've all got that one show (or maybe several) that we are utterly obsessed with. To us, it is unfathomable when other people don't like it and claim it's "stupid" or "bad." We can chock up their dislike to poor taste or denial, and continue relishing in the show we know is pretty close to perfect. Here are some signs that prove you are a major fan of a TV show, whatever it may be:

1. You know obscure details about the lives of the main characters (and even the minor ones)...

Yes, so and so did have vanilla pudding for dessert in episode three of season two, and he was wearing that red flannel he loves so much.

2. ...And you empathize with them...a lot

So crying sobbing is not uncommon when they go through rough times, as well as cheering when they accomplish something they've been trying to for a long time.

3. You own at least one piece of merchandise

Did I say one? I meant 20. Shirts, sweatshirts, mugs, necklaces, bracelets, journals, keychains, etc. You want it all if you don't already have it.

4. You would explode with happiness, excitement, and nerves if you ever met one of the actors

You know they are just people (awesome people), but does every person play your favorite characters so splendidly? No.

5.You've baked and decorated desserts with your show as the theme

6. You are in fan Facebook groups and you follow a ton of fan accounts on Instagram, Twitter, Tumblr, etc. (or perhaps you’ve created some of your own)

7. You have that ship that you are always rooting for, and you will ship it until the day you die, even if the show itself does not

8. You probably know way too much about the actors in your show

Yes, they did just have a baby! Do you want to know its name? (In fairness to you, you can’t help it, the aforementioned FB groups and social media accounts make it impossible to avoid learning random facts.)

9. Getting one of the actors to like your tweet or to actually tweet you is akin to winning an Oscar

If Leo made it happen after all those years, so can you!

10. You have no problem binge-watching it, even if you’ve already seen every episode

Re-watching lets you pick up on smaller, missed details. (Or just relive the beautiful, sentimental moments--especially the broments.)

11. You become instant friends with anyone who loves the same show

If you are shy, you immediately come popping out of your shell at the mention of your beloved show.

12. You know the lines from your favorite episodes by heart, and when you read a post quoting that line, you can't help but read it in the voice of whichever character said it

13. If your show has a board game, you already own it

That goes for the coloring book, too.

14. Going to a fan convention is the ultimate dream

What could possibly be better than getting to meet fellow fans and the stars of the show, and to get to go to panels and fun events?

15. You have been guilty of talking to (or shouting at) the TV on multiple occasions...

16. ...But if anyone else tries to talk during your show, you shoot them a death glare

17. You are confident that you would dominate any trivia game for your show

18. You wish the characters were real (either so you could hug them or slap them)

19. You may not want to shout it from the rooftops, but you have written or read fanfiction in the past (or maybe you still do)

20. You are relentless in trying to get your friends to watch your show..

You never fail to find a way to bring up your show while giving your friends a pointed look. Eventually they have to cave in and give it a go, right?

21. ...And when you do succeed in convincing them to watch the first episode, this happens:

22. If you hear anyone mention it, you feel compelled to join in to give your two cents

23. Little, everyday things will remind you of your show

*It rains, reminding you of a dramatic scene*

24. Whichever day it is on is the best day

No, I am not free. I will be sitting at home in front of the TV.

25. You make it easy for friends and family to give you gifts because anything to do with your show is the supreme present

(Shout out to my best friends, Jenna and Amanda, for giving me this SPN-themed gift bag last year!)

They could give you a rock with a quote from your show on it, and you would be over the moon.

26. You've dressed up as one of the characters for Halloween

(This is me as Carolina from El Internado)

27. You have specific songs that remind you of your show

And when you hear them come on literally anywhere, you freak out a little bit and belt out the lyrics while envisioning certain scenes.

28. There is one word that you hate above all others: hiatus

You addressing your show as it goes on a long break:

29. When your show dissapoints you, you feel betrayed

30. Most of all, you love your show, and you are a proud fangirl/fanboy