Truth About Trump
Politics

Truth About Trump

Millions of Americans have these thoughts running through their heads.

18
Truth About Trump
The Conservative Treehouse

Donald J. Trump, a rich businessman has been one of the most hated men of 2016 and will continue to be despised by millions throughout 2017. Somehow he was able to run as a Republican presidential nominee for the 2016 election, and beat out many credible, experienced politicians. He even defeated a surgeon (Ben Carson), who turned many heads. A frontrunner for the Democratic presidential nominee was former United States Secretary of State and former First Lady, Hillary R. Clinton. Another nominee was a senator from Vermont named Bernard "Bernie" Sanders. He is an older fellow who looks like my old, crazed chemistry professor. Clinton ended up beating him to officially become the Democratic presidential candidate. From this, the campaigning begun and it became vicious. Over the matter of months, Trump became known as racist and Clinton became known as corrupt. Those two words are quite too dull when in reality Trump seemed to present himself as a muslim-hating, rapist and Clinton seemed to present herself as an email-hiding, criminal.

They had so much disrespect for each other that when they got to the second presidential debate their immaturity kicked in by not even shaking hands before the match.

With all of these unfortunate characteristics being inferred about these candidates, America had the hardest decision ever. Who will become the 45th President of the United States? Some people voted for what they called the lesser of two evils, which was said to be Clinton. Some people voted for change, which was said to be Trump. Some people voted for looseness, which was said to be the LIbertarian Party candidate Gary Johnson. Some people voted for the environment, which was said to be the Green Party candidate Jill Stein. The silent majority came out and voted, in which I was proudly a part of them. After going through the electoral votes, Donald Trump won with his Vice Presidential candidate Michael Pence and the silent majority was proven to not be so silent anymore. This was the start of a revolution.

The truth about Trump is that he is not the real issue with this country. If you look at the statistics and facts about him and his success, you can simply realize that he just wants what is best for America, the land of the free. Trump was voted into office by winning the electoral vote, but not the popular vote. Whether or not everyone agrees with it, that is how our nation was set up. It was set up to represent and voice opinions as states. When other presidents won this way in the past there were not nearly as many protests as there is today. This is partly because more people are becoming sensitive and addicted to technology which the media blows up with "fake" news. The silent majority was the reason why Trump was elected. This part of the nation believes in defending themselves against outside threats by working on fixing our own country first before giving to others what we do not have. If that means that more stricter traveling regulations have to be put into place, then that is exactly what should be done. We want change and whether it is successful or not, the only thing we can do is give support to our new and unique President. He is the Commander in Chief, Chief of Party, Legislative Leader, and a few more titles.

What is the problem with this nation, you may ask? Well there is no definite answer. You can be optimistic about our country, or you can be pessimistic and try to fix what is "unsucessful" about it. Trump took the pessimistic approach which is probably why millions of Americans are protesting him. Is it truly necessary to be protesting a man who is now officially in office? In general these people are either democrats, minorities, immigrants, people who are frightened of change, or people whom live off of government assistance with time to waste by protesting. A great chunk of these people are the ones who protest about things that make little sense to the world. Protesting for things that can change is the wisest path to go down. For instance, the issue of same-sex marriage was a life changing subject to protest in favor of. This is because it is a subject that does not have any affect on people who do not support same-sex marriage. Fortunately, it was legalized on June 26, 2015.

Now on the matter of protesting for things like the Black Lives Matter Movement, what will this achieve? This only seems to achieve more division among race. In order to unite all races, ethnicities, sexualities, genders, and social divisions wouldn't there need to be an "All Lives Matter Movement"? This does not even have to be in the form of any type of protesting. It just has to be a symbol that everyone can see. The unnecessary protesting in today's America is violent. Shown to the left is a self-explanatory picture taken during an anti-Trump protest in Costa Mesa, California. The United States needs to open their arms to their own citizens to come together and fight foreign enemies of this nation.

When President Trump says that way too many police officers are being shot and killed in today's society, he is correct. As a reputable writer named Michelle Ye Hee Lee for the Chicago Tribune puts it. "The number of officer deaths ebbs and flows by year, but 2016 was notable. The number of officers shot and killed in 2016 was 135. That's an increase of 56 percent from 2015, largely spurred by deadly ambush attacks by gunfire." This proves that Trump actually had his statistics straight about crime rates and deaths of police officers. He does bend the truth on certain matters, but that is exactly what all other politicians seem to do, too. Now it is simple to recognize that some police officers can become corrupt, but most of them are not and they need to be supported in order to keep the nation safe. President Trump tells everyone the reality of life in this country, rather than sugar coating everything like many politicians tend to do. People argue about this past election so biasedly that it is almost impossible to change their viewpoints. As President Trump puts it, "What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate."