The Truth Behind What You See

The Truth Behind What You See

Always check on people.

19
The Truth Behind What You See
Rawpixel

With it being National Suicide Awareness Month, I think it is important that we all take a second to think about what we can do to do help the people around us.

The notion that people will speak up if they are hurting is wrong. Sometimes people don't feel comfortable talking about how they feel. Many times they feel like they are placing a burden on other people if they open up about hurting.

Everyone goes through different things. It is unavoidable that people will go through tough things at different points in their life; however, it is important that everyone feels like they have people to help them get through these times.

If you feel like one of your friends is unusually quiet, irritable, or drained, check on them.

Ask them how they are doing. Ask them if they are going through anything that they would like to talk about. Let them know that you are there for them. Remind them that they are loved, important, and valued. Be the person people feel comfortable talking to.

For anyone struggling, know that you are so important and so many people care for you.