It's Time To Trump The Riots
Politics

It's Time To Trump The Riots

We Need To Come Together

2
It's Time To Trump The Riots
Unsplash

With this election, I'm sure you have seen more than enough reaction articles, videos, and Lord knows your Facebook friends have been all over it. Let me start out by saying that I voted for Hillary Clinton and am 49285328% against Donald Trump and the violence he promotes. However, the protests and riots are not accomplishing anything.

I am a die hard feminist and my two BEST friends are gay. I don't support Trump or Pence and their views on homosexuality, and I absolutely hate the fact that my best friends feel as if they have (or are going to have) fewer rights just because of who our nation elected as our next President. It isn't okay or normal that so many groups of people are genuinely frightened for their well being because of who our leader is now going to be. I also don't support Trump's views and opinions on women, and I believe him to be a very degrading individual. I wouldn't want to be left alone in a room with him because, to be quite honest with you all, he just plain creeps me out.

I'm sure you all are also painfully aware of your Facebook friends' opinions on our new president-elect, but for lack of better words... everybody needs to chill. As I see it right now, our nation is divided into two groups (side note: whether you are a Republican, Democrat, or Independent, you have to admit that dividing our country so drastically without even starting his first term in office is not something Trump should be specifically proud of). The first group being the rioters, the I'm Still With Her supporters and your Facebook friends that consume your feed with negative election posts like it's going to change the outcome of the election results. The second group being the content community members, the one's that want to Make America Great Again, but once again, the Facebook friends that complain about the other party complaining.

The election is over and the results are final. I was shocked and still hate the idea of it, but Donald Trump is our new President. Let's deal with that and come together instead of disowning family members or unfriending each other for having different political views.

We all have the right to our own opinions and we all have the right to riot if that's what we choose to do. However, is rioting and blocking streets off while you complain about Trump's violence-influencing behavior productive? To me, fighting violence with violence is extremely counter-productive, and I hope America grows from this sooner rather than later.

In the wise words of Chance the Rapper,

"Don't believe in kings, believe in the kingdom"